Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyebs View Post
what is a bad fat ???
Trans fat is the worst, generally horrible all around. A diet loaded in too much sat fat has been said to be bad, but recently that's been disputed. Doctors, nutritionist are debating if Sat Fats are bad as some say. It's said they raise blood cholesterol levels, increasing the risk of heart disease and stroke. For those on cycle, this is something many suggest we think about.

However, recent studies have begun to cast doubt on those claims, contending that a diet high in sat fat doesnt increase the risk of cardiovascular.

It used to be, well at least in the U.S. that nutritionists and doctors encouraged a low-fat diet, especially for losing weight, or managing cholesterol.

Bad fats increase cholesterol and raise the possibility of getting certain diseases.

Good dietary fats support overall health. Although, sat fat is needed to a certain point. I've read conflicting views on what the exact number is.

The general dietitians view is that monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats are good. Of course omega-3 fats are essential to overall wellness

And trans fatsand saturated fats are either bad or generally bad.

I've heard many different numbers, but generally, fat intake to 20-35% of calories. Sat fats should make up less than 10% of those. Dr. Jim Stoppani thinks that's too low.

I won't eat anything with Trans Fat in it. And because the debate on Sat Fat is still unsettled, I try to keep it to being around 25% of my dietary fat.

"A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind," Yoda.

Jedi in Training

Last edited by new-Jedi; 08-07-2015 at 09:51 PM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0