Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

11th July

Chest and Biceps

Flat Bench Press

5 warm up sets of 10, 10, 10, 2 and 3 reps
5 working sets of 10, 3, 3, 2 and 2
followed by 1 set of 20 reps to finish off

Needed a longer warm up today for some reason. Feeling quite stiff, with a bit of pain in my shoulders. Disappears before starting the working sets. Must be old age!

Incline Dumbbell Flyes

Straight into 2 working sets of 10 reps, 1 set of 9 (should have been 10) and 1 last set of 10 (having dropped the weight by 2.5kg)

That was enough for today. Every rep of every working set was as good as I could do. Don't think I would have gained anything by adding in the dumbbell presses I usually do and any more would have changed stimulation into annihilation. Don't want to do that!

Alternate Arm Dumbbell Curls

These are 3 sets of 15 reps done non stop except for changing arm and lowering the weight by 2.5kg with each set

Did 2 sets of these.

I'm trying to cut and it's slow work. I'm happy with the lean gains and reasonably happy with the fat loss, but fick me it's slow going.

Having said all that, my fitness levels are soaring. I'm hammering the bike, doing some hill work on the treadmill without any detrimental hip pain and I'm fighting hard not to overdo it in the gym. None of this would have happened last year. Three or four hard working days in a row and I'd have needed a week to recover.

I'm having no side effects whatsoever. Maybe a bit of water weight to start with, but I think I'm on top of that, with my diet and the arimidex.

Overall, wish I'd done this years ago.

Last edited by stillgoingstron; 07-11-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0