Thread: Isabella's Log
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 05:18 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

I support your goal, however lets not quantify it by weight unless you are planning diet alone, no workout. This approach, by just dieting, you will lose pounds which will include both muscle and fat. I do not prefer the diet alone approach, however some people have no interest in fitness just a fixated number on a scale.

Instead, as Eazy stated, the scale needs to be ignored if you want to optimize your lifestyle. By exercising during a period of dieting, you will gain muscle. Key word, gain which means increase. So, while losing 3 pounds of fat, you may gain 2 pounds of muscle and be frustrated with a 1 pound loss. In reality, the muscle gains will improve your overall body composition and allow for greater fat loss over time.

If you are looking for a simple to follow, highly effective diet plan, I recommend the 17 Day Diet (book). It is not as titled, only 17 days, but actually multiple 17 day cycles. The book is a great read and teaches the end user about nutrition while providing a prescriptive approach to a diet plan.

Sent via mental transmission.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0