Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum

Go Back   Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum > [- QUICK LINKS -] > General chat

General chat Chat here about everything.

Steroids Sale. Buy Steroids Online Dragon Pharma Steroids Steroids for Sale Online Steroids Sources Reviews Steroids Sources Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 06:19 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 171
Thanks (Received): 177
Likes (Given): 374
Likes (Received): 456
Default The Perfect Bodybuilding Physique

Everyone has their own opinion on what the perfect physique should be. Some people prefer an ‘old school’ type physique like Serge Nubret, who was a bit smaller than the average current bodybuilder but overall well balanced and great shape and lines. Others tend to like the physiques from bodybuilders of the 90s like Dorian Yates. Dorian Yates competed at a time when size mattered but insane condition was still prominent and is in most people’s top 5 bodybuilders of all time. The latter would like the shape and size of current bodybuilders, where that grainy 90s look has gone but size and mass has just gone through the roof.

For me personally I look at these physiques and pick out different body parts on each to create my own personal ultimate body. Imagine if you could pick a different body part from anybody in the history of bodybuilding and make them into the perfect physique. I can imagine that everyone’s views and opinion of perfect aesthetics is different, but here is mine:

Quads:
For me, the best quads to have ever graced the planet would be those of Tom Platz. His legs were a major stand out part on his physique and were untouchable in his best years in my opinion. The photo to the right shows not only how big his legs are, but also how symmetrical and mature they were. He has great lines and shape in his quads and has a quad sweep that is still to this day one of the best in my opinion.

Calves:
Here we have a pair of huge calves on a guy called Mike Matarazzo. Some of the newer age bodybuilders may not have heard of this athlete but he was known back in his era for his crazy calves! What makes his calves so good for me is the fact he has mass but also great shape too. His calves, as you can see, were his standout feature. Some of the guys that compete today do have great claves, such as James ‘Flex’ Lewis

Hamstrings:
This is a rather controversial decision here, but I’ll have to go with Kai Greene’s Hamstrings due to how far they have come on in just 1 year. Kai Greene has awesome legs and the striations he gets on his outer quads are unreal. But for me it’s his hamstring ‘dip’ that is a stand out on his side tricep and chest poses. Kai Greene is still young in bodybuilding terms and he is only going to get bigger and better

Abdominals:
For me this is a no brainer. I have always looked at Dexter Jackson as having the perfect abdominal muscles as there symmetry is unparalleled. In my eyes this is the perfect mid section for any bodybuilder. It was reported that Dexter Jackson never even trained his abs in the early stage of his career which suggests that he has been blessed with these through genetics. It is very hard to get ultimate perfection, as no matter how hard or much you train your abs it is very dependent on genetics. Some people may have 4 abdominals (4 pack) or 8 abdominal muscles (8 pack). Some have jolted abs where one side is higher than the other. The perfect mid section is considered a 6 pack that is symmetrical. Here Dexter Jackson shows his abdominals as being ultimately the perfect mid section.

Chest:
The best and most wanted chest in the world of bodybuilding would go to Arnold Schwarzenegger. In his early years you could tell this guy was going to have a huge chest and, in my opinion, is it the biggest and best developed chest I have ever seen up on stage. The chest is one of the most sought after body parts throughout all fields of bodybuilding and is one of those parts that are always judged first on a physique. 30 years on, no one in my opinion has beaten Arnie for chest development and size.

Shoulders:
Another Controversial decision here - I will be putting Markus Ruhl at the top of my list for best shoulders. Some people will be looking at this decision and thinking “is he crazy” or “there are miles better out there” but don’t forget this is my opinion on the perfect body. The reason I have chosen these shoulders is pure mass. I remember seeing a photo of Markus Ruhl standing behind Dennis Wolf, who is another professional bodybuilder, and Markus Ruhl’s shoulders absolutely blew his away. His shoulders look like 2 boulders put on a body and his traps aren’t lacking in size either.

Back:
Here we have the best back of all time from our very own UK based Dorian Yates. Dorian was quite a thin child and teenager so to get to this size is really unbelievable. His back is one of the widest and most muscular backs of all time, carrying also great symmetry and condition. This photo to the left was put on my wall in my bedroom as a kid, as this is what I wanted my back to look like. I am still trying!

Triceps:
The best triceps I have seen in my time to date is those of Roelly Winklaar. The ultimate triceps are seen as the shape of a horse shoe, which Roelly displays magnificently. He carries so much muscle in this area and the details when feathered are unreal (feathered relates to the striations when he has dieted down). With the triceps being the main reason for a larger fuller arm, Roelly Winklaar has huge arms! Lee Priest

Biceps:
Here we have the ultimate bicep showcased by Arnold Schwarzenegger. What really makes this arm number 1 is the bicep peak that is on show here. I don’t care what anybody says but a bicep peak is genetic and no matter what isolation exercises you use to try and get the look shown here you won’t. I think only a small percentage will ever get a bicep like Arnold ever again

I can imagine a lot of people will have completely different views on their perfect physique and body parts, but that’s what I love about this sport, everyone has a different opinion or view. So with that in mind...

What’s your perfect physique?