Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum

Go Back   Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum > [- MY BODY-BUILDING -] > Diet and Nutrition

Diet and Nutrition Discuss your diet here and modify it if needed.

Steroids Sale. Buy Steroids Online Dragon Pharma Steroids Steroids for Sale Online Steroids Sources Reviews Steroids Sources Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2022, 09:20 PM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 13
Likes (Received): 29
Default What One Lifter Learned from Not Eating for 60 Hours

Wait. What?

That's right. Without fail, each time I've done a long fast I have less desire to eat on Monday than I did the previous two days of fasting. I also find my mental acuity tends to be off the charts at this point (although I know as soon as I eat, I'll be back to just the normal me.)

My go-to meal in breaking the fast is usually some whole eggs, avocado, bacon, and some form of greens. That's nothing but protein and fats for the most part, but I still feel a slight downshift in mental focus and clarity from it.

Then, after a meal, it's back to normal life. Each time you do this, it gets more manageable. That doesn't mean it's ever entirely easy or pleasant, but it's manageable. And yes, I've seen it make me and many other people leaner and more in control of their nutritional decisions—with no detractions from their jacktitude.

How To Get Started
I want to be clear, not eating for 60 hours is no bed of roses, especially if you haven't been doing any form of fasting at all. I've done time restricted feeding for the better part of two years now, and fasting for 60 hours still has its moments of difficulty.

If you're inclined to embark on such a fast, I'd suggest a few weeks of acclimating to fasting by having a few days a week where you fast for 16-18 hours, or fasting for 24 hours one day every other week before trying it.

Let me also add that fasting isn't some magic pill for fat loss. Fat loss is primarily driven by creating an energy deficit, which can be done in a myriad of ways. That could be eating six times a day, two times a day, or 19 times a day, as long as you're accounting for calories.

Fasting can make it easier to achieve an energy deficit simply because you're restricting your feeding time during the day. But I can still easily overrun my caloric intake for the day in a single meal. I have to be aware of that even when using a time-restricted feeding approach.

Fasting also doesn't negate the importance of eating high-quality foods during the time you do feed. A half-rack of cheap beer and a bag of Halloween candy is still garbage, no matter how long you've been fasting before having it. Your nutritional habits, regardless of whether you're using a time-restricted eating approach or something more traditional, should always be grounded in consuming high-quality whole-food sources. And if you find yourself bingeing after fasting—which some people do—then it's not for you.