Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum

Go Back   Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum > [- MY BODY-BUILDING -] > Diet and Nutrition

Diet and Nutrition Discuss your diet here and modify it if needed.

Steroids Sale. Buy Steroids Online Dragon Pharma Steroids Steroids for Sale Online Steroids Sources Reviews Steroids Sources Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 07:48 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 171
Thanks (Received): 177
Likes (Given): 374
Likes (Received): 456
Default Eating Before Bed

Eating before bed can be both good and bad. To minimize fat gains and muscle losses during your sleep, the main idea is to avoid all carbs, and consume a high amount of slow-digesting protein (The Three Types of Protein) and a moderate amount of healthy fats.
Slow Digesting Protein
Slow digesting protein is crucial before bed. If you were to eat anything, let it be cottage cheese. Cottage cheese (low fat/fat free) is one of the best sources of casein protein available. However, for some people, cottage cheese isn’t easy to eat. That’s why there’s casein protein powder. The casein protein takes about 7+ hours to digest. So, if you have 40-50g of casein protein before bed, you’ll be good all night, keeping a good storage of protein so your muscles don’t starve.
Healthy Fats
Healthy fats like flax seed oil, fish oil, or more commonly (and my favorite) all natural peanut butter, are supplemental for protein digestion. The healthy fats in the peanut butter and flax seed aid in protein digestion. Have 2 spoonfuls of flax seed oil, or 2 heaping spoons of all natural peanut butter before bed to ensure that your protein shake lasts, and you don’t get hungry in the middle of the night.
No Carbohydrates.
Fat free cottage cheese, all natural peanut butter, casein protein powder, and flax seed oil all have very little carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are to be avoided before bed, because they will hit you with an insulin spike, leading to a lower Growth Hormone production.
So what should you be eating before bed?
Your best choices are
2-3 Spoonfuls All Natural Peanut Butter
2 Tablespoons Flax Seed oil
30-50g Casein Protein Shake (make sure it’s low carb)
1 Cup+ Cottage Cheese (low fat/fat free)
Old 01-08-2011, 09:20 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0

Good read!! If you have a whole foods around you, you should try their fresh ground honey roasted peanut butter. It's heavenly!
Old 01-10-2011, 12:30 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy View Post
Eating before bed can be both good and bad. To minimize fat gains and muscle losses during your sleep, the main idea is to avoid all carbs, and consume a high amount of slow-digesting protein (The Three Types of Protein) and a moderate amount of healthy fats.
Slow Digesting Protein
Slow digesting protein is crucial before bed. If you were to eat anything, let it be cottage cheese. Cottage cheese (low fat/fat free) is one of the best sources of casein protein available. However, for some people, cottage cheese isn’t easy to eat. That’s why there’s casein protein powder. The casein protein takes about 7+ hours to digest. So, if you have 40-50g of casein protein before bed, you’ll be good all night, keeping a good storage of protein so your muscles don’t starve.
Healthy Fats
Healthy fats like flax seed oil, fish oil, or more commonly (and my favorite) all natural peanut butter, are supplemental for protein digestion. The healthy fats in the peanut butter and flax seed aid in protein digestion. Have 2 spoonfuls of flax seed oil, or 2 heaping spoons of all natural peanut butter before bed to ensure that your protein shake lasts, and you don’t get hungry in the middle of the night.
No Carbohydrates.
Fat free cottage cheese, all natural peanut butter, casein protein powder, and flax seed oil all have very little carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are to be avoided before bed, because they will hit you with an insulin spike, leading to a lower Growth Hormone production.
So what should you be eating before bed?
Your best choices are
2-3 Spoonfuls All Natural Peanut Butter
2 Tablespoons Flax Seed oil
30-50g Casein Protein Shake (make sure it’s low carb)
1 Cup+ Cottage Cheese (low fat/fat free)
A nice written article about who good and bad is a food intake before bed.The Slow Digesting Protein has been described in a good way."No carbohydrate" term is important.People like to eat less cab food as it good for health.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 409
Thanks (Received): 87
Likes (Given): 769
Likes (Received): 240

Good read bro, what casein protein powders could you recommend us which are low carbs?

--------
Want to advertise on HyperMuscles and other popular sites? - Contact me
--------

Old 01-10-2011, 04:36 PM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 48
Thanks (Received): 414
Likes (Given): 247
Likes (Received): 884

Reflex Nutrition Micellar Casein 3.5 grams of carbs per serving!
It's a great product!

Disclaimer: Hypermuscles.com does not promote the use of anabolic steroids without a doctor's prescription. The information we share is for entertainment and research purposes only.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:44 PM

Post Thanks / Like

I use Boditronics Midnight Express and ON 100% Casein Protein Powder which has less carbs but does not taste as nice! I did try Dymatize Elite 12 hour which is nice and low carb but gave me bad wind!! very bad may i add lol
Old 01-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 8
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 12

Both good and bad, I would say more bad unless, u really really had trouble bulking.

But good points my dude.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:29 AM

Post Thanks / Like

Its simply to stop muscle breakdown while you sleep!
Old 01-19-2011, 03:02 PM

Post Thanks / Like

I use Optimum Nutrition Casein. As for eating before bed....it might be good for some people but for me the acid reflux kicks in and then my sleep will be fucked for up to 3 days. It can be brutal for me.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:08 PM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 48
Thanks (Received): 414
Likes (Given): 247
Likes (Received): 884

Excuse me!!!!

Disclaimer: Hypermuscles.com does not promote the use of anabolic steroids without a doctor's prescription. The information we share is for entertainment and research purposes only.