Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum

Go Back   Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum > [- MY BODY-BUILDING -] > Diet and Nutrition

Diet and Nutrition Discuss your diet here and modify it if needed.

Steroids Sale. Buy Steroids Online Dragon Pharma Steroids Steroids for Sale Online Steroids Sources Reviews Steroids Sources Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 04:18 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 171
Thanks (Received): 177
Likes (Given): 374
Likes (Received): 456
Default EaT FoR SiZe

A lot of trainees blame their workout program or their genes when they don't make any progress in the gym.But in most cases the main problem is their diet, they simply don't eat for size.

And when I say they don't eat for size I'm not pointing just protein consumption.I'm referring to protein, carbs, healthy fats, supplements - in other word the total amount of calories consumed during the day.

The total calorie intake is the amount of energy that you consume from macro nutrients like protein,fats and carbohydrates.The main thing you need to remember here is that if you want to build muscle, the total amount of calories you consume in a day should be higher than the amount you spend in a day.

A good rule of a thumb is that a person that is active needs about 20-25 calories per lb a day (depending on his metabolism) to start building muscle.As an example a 160 lb person will need around 3200-4000 calories a day.

You probably heard the saying:"What you eat is what you are".Eating for size is not about eating everything you find in your path.A good diet should be constructed on consuming precise amounts of protein, carbs, and fats.For gaining muscle I recommend a high protein/medium carbs/medium fats diet.

This said, i recommend consuming about 1.5-2.5 grams/lb of protein from lean meats,eggs,fish and protein shakes.So if you weigh 160 lbs that's 320g of protein and 1280 calories from protein a day.

Next on the list are the fats.They should cover around 25% of your calorie intake and should come from healthy fat sources like fish oil, olive oil, nuts, almonds, peanut butter and omega 3 supplements.That is around 800-1000 calories from HEALTHY fats.

The last but not least on the list are the carbohydrates that should cover the other calorie needs.Carbohydrates are the energy that will fuel your workouts and activities, so the more intense your workouts the more calories from carbohydrates you'll need.Tend to eat low glycemic carbohydrates (except right after your workout) and plenty of fiber.This way you can control your blood sugar and insulin secretion.

Eat for size sample meal plan:

meal 1

9 eggs (3 yolks)
2 cups of Wheat
1 piece of season fruit
1 Spoon of Fish oil

meal 2

170-180 g of tuna
1 cup of rice
1 spoon of flax seed oil

meal 3

200g of lean beef