View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 12:07 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Default Freak of Nature

I knew this guy for several years. We attended the same weekly functions, went on weekend group retreats, picnics, etc. One day, in a group setting, we were discussing the intricacies of processing your personal 'inner thoughts', your inner voice. The voice that I should have used many more times in the past. Waiting to add my ideas, the group exhausted their pool of strategies. I explained mine. My friend blurted out, 'You are a freak of nature!'. The lift life style can be that way as well. Once people know how you process the minutes of each day, the calories of each bite and the 24 hours of energy they may well (hopefully) say the same about you!

To comment on my de-carb spring diet. There is really no such thing as eliminating all carbs. Everything has carbs. The point is eating purposeful carbs only and reducing to zero carbs from breads, pasta, rice, cheese, sweets of any kind, most fruits, some vegetables, some meats, some fluids. To minimize carbs means the war in on. The body will fight! It will put up such a resistance you would think that you are dying. Begin with intermittent fasting. This will bring you to the base of the ramp. Now the climb.
Plan meals before the beginning of the week. When you have done this several times you will graduate to your month 'meal view'. Meaning you will have your meals planned for an entire month. I cannot comment on vegans. I can comment on vegetarians that allow eggs. Find a dozen way to prepare eggs and choose legumes high in protein. A vegetarian will have to be calculating in their menu prep. I go vegetarian, when I am not dieting to loose weight, 2-3 times a year for 4-6 weeks at a time to eliminate all meat - not eggs. Learn to create a dozen different types of omelets. Prep the vegetables before hand. For example caramelized onions prepared with minimal olive oil instead of butter.

One of the main ideas is to have ingredients at hand to prepare a quick meal. This will help you to avoid snacking on junk. If you live with others chances are their 'junk food' is everywhere in the kitchen area and probably the entire home! You will have to learn how to simply avoid these items. THEY ARE NOT FOR YOU! PERIOD! No Deals! Right now Christine has chocolate in at least 6 different forms - pecans, raisins, etc. She also has various chips. These are hers and not for ME!

While you are de-carbing eat raw or slightly steamed vegetables (tender but crisp). For example, once you become familiar with the taste of carrots you will discover that some carrots are sweet in taste. You will learn to
recognize these by sight. I combine a dish of sliced young carrots, celery, asparagus tips, green pepper and sweet vidalia onion. I steam these, to a tender crunch. Top with reduced balsamic vinegar or a super low fat - no
sugar - balsamic vinegar dressing. Prepare plenty of vegetables to snack. Grow accustomed to the taste of raw vegetables. Use a mustard on the meat. Keep plenty of pickles etc on hand. Remember that there are two things happening here. You are eliminating carbs and shrinking your stomach. Both of these are difficult. A supreme battle of the flesh's will.

Here is a healthy alkaline cheat: Cut carrots, celery, cucumber, kale and green onion stalk (the green part) into long strips. Using a low carb tortilla create several burritos, lightly salted. Wrap these in a 'cling wrap', or
whatever you have, to be on the go. When you are starving, these will taste fantastic. NO DIPPING sauce! The only sacrifice of this idea is the low carb tortilla. The light salt begins to break down the vegetables. You could
also us light lime or lemon etc. The idea here is to eat something that will help your alkaline ph balance and fill you with minimal fat friendliness. The body alkaline level should be at ph 7.4, 7.5, 7.6. Get yours checked.
Don't know anything about a ph balance in the body? Read and discover.

During this time I will trim 10 skinless chicken breasts. Brown them and cook them, for 6 hours, in a slow cooker with approximately 4 cups of low sodium chicken bone broth. Now I have a protein option and with a dipping sauce
it will be fantastic! I will create a sauce of olive oil, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, garlic, lime juice and salt. Combine all in a food processor and mix. Supreme! Watch the peppers though unless you can tolerate the
heat. I press the can of chipotle peppers in adobo with the can lid to squeeze the sauce into the processor. I use only one of the chipotle peppers from the can. This can be used with chicken, beef, vegetables, etc. I will do the same with beef brisket using low sodium beef broth. Afterwards use the juice in the slow cooker as your dipping sauce. Yes, Au Jus

Make your own BBQ sauce, taco mix, rubs for grilling, chipotle dipping sauce (above). I have no packaged spice mixes. No bottled sauces aside from mustard and Asian. Christine keeps a jar of sweet sour. I never touch it.
Supplements may be required during the de-carb. That is up to each individual. Remember there are so many options that do not have any positive impact or the impact is minimal. Keep everything non GMO, organic, free range, grass fed - if possible. Look, there is no possible way of knowing if the item is non GMO or organic unless you know or are the producer. Do the best you can. Use protein powder - no soy - at times. I have in the past and will do so in the future. If you are too crabby during this process apologize to those around you and go slower.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0