Old 04-09-2017, 01:58 PM
BodyBuilder

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

What to do

If you see your body composition changing (your gut starts looking like your Uncle Lester’s), your strength or muscle tone diminishing despite your hard training and good diet, and your sex drive not matching up to TC’s columns, have your Testosterone levels checked. The acceptable normal range for Testosterone to physicians is 300 mg/dl to 1100 mg/dl. Yes, that’s a pretty wide range.

In the clinic, we see people with the complaints consistent with “andropause” (a term for male menopause) and/or increased cardiovascular risk having Testosterone levels between 300 mg/dl and 550 mg/dl. Bringing it up to the mid to high-normal level is what gives the health and “youthful” benefits. Traditionally 200 mg/dl of supplemental Testosterone given every one to two weeks improves body composition, lowers total cholesterol and LDL, while raising HDL.

It appears that supplemental T is a healthier and safer way to go than many of the drugs used to treat poor lipid profiles. The data presented in this article applies for males over 35, not those who are 18. If you think that you can benefit from Testosterone therapy look for physicians who market themselves as “anti-aging” or “longevity physicians” as well as the more progressive endocrinologists or cardiologists.

Long story short, used intelligently, Testosterone is good medicine!

About the author: Douglas S. Kalman MS, RD is a Director for Miami Research Associates (MiamiResearch.com) a leading pharmaceutical and nutrition research organization in Miami, Florida. Doug is also a national spokesperson for the American College of Sports Medicine and according to his latest test has high T levels.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0