View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 11:06 PM
BodyBuilder

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

Here's another way to blast calves that I saw and have tried that can help get those things growing from calves into cows.....

Giant Set thru all of these exercises..

Standing Calf Machine
Seated Calf Machine
Donkey Calf Raises
Leg Press Calf Presses
Standing Calf Machine

I like to set up 4 - 5 machines and go through the sets without stopping, for as many reps as possible per machine. Do a set of each for as many reps as possible, without resting between sets, add a little weight to each machine, stretch them out on a high block of wood between Giant Sets, and go again repeating this for 3-4 cycles. The next day your calves will let you know that they felt the routine.

If this is too much for you then you can do it Super-Set style like this....Superset two movements, such as seated calf raises and standing calf raises. Do 5 sets of each, adding weight each set.

At times you should go lighter, and at other times heavy. Another tactic that I use quite often and find very effective is to do half reps to failure once, until I can no longer perform any more full range reps. This takes the calves into a pain zone that they have never experienced before and extends the set far beyond what you could normal do, which will result in adding more mass to the calves.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0