View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 11:06 PM
BodyBuilder

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Default Make Those Stubborn Calves Grow!

I found this workout yrs ago and can tell you firsthand,its a killer that you have to try if you are having trouble getting results with your regular calf routine.

Make Those Stubborn Calves Grow!

Here's a great workout to get those calves pumped up quickly.Great for pumps in the calves! Give a shot.

Ankle Circles: 2 sets of 20 reps per leg (see note 1)
Seated Calf Raise: 4 sets of 20 reps
Calf Press On Leg Press: 'The Burn' method for 55 reps (see note 2)
Ankle Circles: 2 sets of 20 reps per leg

Note 1--

Ankle Circle

Hold yourself up against a sturdy object like a squat rack or a Smith machine.

Lift the right leg in the air a couple of inches off the floor and perform a circular motion with the big toe. Pretend that you are drawing a big circle with it. One circle is one rep. Breathe normally as you perform the movement. When you are done with the right foot, repeat with the left leg. You are going to do 2 sets of 20 reps with each leg.

Note 2---

"The Burn"

This is the most intense part of the workout. You are going to do what is called "The Burn". Go with a light weight for this.

10 reps with 10 seconds rest.
9 reps with 9 seconds of rest.
8 reps with 8 seconds rest.
7 reps with 7 seconds rest.
6 reps with 6 seconds rest.
5 reps with 5 seconds rest.
4 reps with 4 seconds rest.
3 reps with 3 seconds rest.
2 reps with 2 seconds rest.
1 rep.

This is going to be 55 total reps. It is going to burn like crazy. Once you are done with this, get to stretching the calves out so they don't cramp. After a couple of minutes, repeat the ankle circles you did earlier for 2 more sets of 20 reps per leg and you are done. If you feel the weight you did was too light, make a note and go heavier next time.

I know this seems like too much work on such a small muscle group, but think about this. Your legs are the most used muscles in your body. As much as you stand, walk, run, and jump your legs are used to doing a lot of work. You have to hit them intensely to get them to grow.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0