View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 03:04 PM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

I've been intermittently fasting on and off for a number of years now. Only when cutting though.

If we accept that when cutting we are not going to put on additional musle then it makes the concept of restricting calories for certain periods easier to
stomach.

My preferred method is an eating window of 8 hours followed by a fasting period of 16 hours. I find this easy to stick to. Just takes a slight conscious effort not to eat in the morning. You soon get used to it.

I also find that restricting carbs during eating periods is helpful. However I do carb up every 5 or 6 days. I'm about to try carbing up on training days and little to no carbs on non training days. As I get older I find it a lot harder to burn off the fat. I definitely find IF as effective and a lot easier to live with than long term carb restriction.

I'm also a firm believer in trying to eat the way we were made to eat. And that doesn't mean eating every 3 hours or eating processed food.

If you haven't tried it then give it a go. It really isn't as mad as it might at first seem. There's loads of youtube vids and articles on the subject but try this one as an opener . . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu8KqV90pKk

Wouldn't try it when bulking though! You'd probably find fitting in the macros required in just 8 hours almost impossible.

Last edited by stillgoingstron; 03-04-2016 at 03:08 PM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0