View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 01:16 AM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

I t end to get the most questions about bench... The "Bro" lift... But also believe it or not one of the most challenging lifts. The key to improving any lift, not just bench, is consistency and training.... Seems obvious right ? Yet many fall short.
First let's talk about Training. Brings to mind some words by Swede Burns. There is a big difference between training and working out. Training is methodical, tracked, and evaluated. Working out is... Not only going through the motions but often quite directionless. The big strong guy at the gym "working out" and benching 405 will likely be benching the same weight in a year or two. So, your take away? Track your workouts and have a plan! That simple. If you plan 6 weeks and nothing improved reevaluate that plan. Have a purpose and a goal and work toward it... TRAIN

Consistency is another big one, and it ties directly into training. Be consistent, give things TIME to work. Don't program hop, don't throw something aside after a week or two.... Stick to the program and give it time to work. Sure it sucks if six weeks goes by and those shoulder presses didn't pay off for your bench, but that's part of the journey, learning what works and what doesn't.
Too often people get caught up in too many variations and changes that they don't really give something time to work and progress. Another problem is people do so many variations that they don't know what is working and what isn't.

A big component of my bench training is simplicity. I track a few primary movements and look at the progression and how that carries over to my lift. If it doesn't I abandon it. If it's working I continue the progression until I reach a wall then I switch to a variation.

Soon I will be releasing an excel sheet that will help individuals do exactly that in a way that I believe to be most effective for strength performance.

[video]https://youtu.be/eNp1rpai82E[/video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0