VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

2015 meet recap

[video]https://youtu.be/z8hHI9TH7dE[/video]

Not a bad day, with any meet there are always variables and things you can't account for. Gotta get under the bar and shut up.... Lift.

Squats
Kept my opener conservative with 515 which was good... Wasn't used to my wraps so had a weird pause/wobble in the hole. Not a big deal.

535 moved smooth as butter, bicep tendonitis flared up a tad here but I had plenty left in me.

560 for my third, thought it was gonna be a smoke show then like 80% of the way up I lost my balance and fell a little backwards. Spotters to the rescue!!

Bench
440 opener. Smoked it

465 took a conservative second because the end goal was to smash 480 matching my 220lbs competition best. Unfortunately I misgrooved my bench and failed

470 for a third. Wanted to end on a good note and 465 damn sure wasn't it. Smashed that bitch

Deadlift... Here was the problem lift. My goal was to simply pull whatever I needed to round out my Elite total. Unfortunately missing my third squat and botching my bench goal of 480 impacted me quite a bit when it came to what I needed to pull.
The deadlift speed and strength is definitely there unfortunately the hands are not.

440 opener smoked

470 needed to hold and failed twice and there went my day

Going to keep focusing on grip training over the next few months. My best grip was 470 for 3 seconds in training and unfortunately my deadlift is a bit longer than 3 seconds.... Just slides right out the hands. Very disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0