Old 08-08-2015, 05:38 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Quote:
Originally Posted by new-Jedi View Post
Interesting. I knew that corn sugar, as they wanted to call it, was a huge contributor. Additionally, after the low fat diet craze, people didn't get any healthier, actually it was almost opposite.

(I'm not trying to be coy, these are meant to get your guys opinion. I just am not always good at remembering to be fastidious. I sometimes forget to offer nuance in written word. Many things I write are meant to be formed as questions, but come out as statements.)

Let me ask this, is the only real reason we should watch fat intake have to do with calories then?

What I mean is, how does fat fit into the mastery of macros? I hear people adjust carbs when cutting, and up their protein. But if fats are not bad, couldn't we get a even larger chunk of our caloric needs from them?

Hypothetically of course.

Many like to use the 40/40/20, but why if fats are ok. How does the body use it I guess would be the answer. Isnt carbs & protein needed for mass? I read the body uses carbs as its preferred source of energy, and then protein.

(I spend entirely too much time reading fitness articles, and need more real world experience and to hear what others do)

Also, I started working on my log tonight, and realized something, much of the food doesn't even list what kind of fat it has. It will say something along the lines of 5g of fat, with 2.5 coming from sat. Nothing about the rest. I'd like to know why that is ok.
Stop overthinking this and stop trying to follow other diets. Most are written as a starting point. "Listen" to your body it will tell you what you need to know.
Start reading what you're writing before you post, listen to the intonation and make sure you say what you want, that should stop people getting at you and start getting you.
As far as fat content in food, that's all they have to put on labels. Too much information for the public is a BAD thing.
The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it’s impossible to turn back.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0