VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillgoingstron View Post

Probabably the best thing anyone can do to start with is to lower the weight.
Trying to beat a personal best from the start is the worst way to learn mind/muscle connection. You'll be using every muscle, sinew, joint, bone, the lot, to push the weight.

Next best is to slow the rep. For example, flinging up a dumbbell when curling that is too heavy will engage legs, back, shoulders, calves and toes as well as biceps. Lowering the weight and slowing the rep and making sure the only muscle contracting is the bicep will engage the exact muscle you intend building. Some say it helps to visualise the muscle doing the work.

Once you get it right there's no turning back.
That makes sense. I suppose it also helps with time under tension. I find that building my back, chest, and bicep. I get why chest is so difficult, because shoulders kick in pretty easily. The back, well that seems like it should be easier, plus it's my favorite body part to work on, that could be because having a muscular looking back is beast. I hope that after my first cycle, weighing 160 now, that I'll gain a good about of size and will have a great start on that back. Right now people can tell I go to the gym, and that I must train. But more like a newbie. When I put on another 20 pounds of muscle, I bet I'll look much bigger. I really am aiming for 190 range, but cut when all is said and done.

"A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind," Yoda.

Jedi in Training

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0