Old 01-21-2015, 01:45 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindiesel01 View Post
What's going on all? I am a newbie to the boards I have read a lot but this is only my 2nd post, I am looking to get some good info from the board on getting back into the shape I was in before I retired from the military. After a serious accident while on active duty I have 8 screws and 6 rods in my lower spine and my weight is up to 350 lbs. although it doesn't look it. I am 6' 3" and I have an athletic build, I am looking to lose weight and cut body fat
Welcome to HM, bro. I can honestly say BEEN THERE DONE THAT! Almost 8 years ago, I was a whopping 375. Lawd of the Gym (and I don't mean Lord). I had the strength and muscles but it was hiding under the fat. I was off from work on a medical misunderstanding in February, 2007. By the time I returned in August, 2008, I was 305. When I competed in powerlifting in 2012, I was 260 and maintained that weight until now. I now weigh 204 but I intend to gain back to 225 and return to powerlifting competition. Personally, I liked myself at 260. But that's another story. ANYWHO.......

Stay focused on your goals. Feed the muscle, not the fat. You served for our country in order to maintain our freedom and even sacrificed your body in the process. FOR THAT, I THANK YOU AND SALUTE YOU for all of your hard efforts. You fought off our enemies and now, you have another enemy to combat. COMBAT THE FAT! You got this, bro. We are here to help you.

Last edited by TheChosen1; 01-21-2015 at 01:48 AM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0