Old 06-09-2014, 10:51 AM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

All good points Stillgoingstron.

I voted yes, for myself, and what my goals are.

FWIW - I'll be 52 this August. 5'11" 215 lbs give or take a bit

However, in the thread about posting your training routine, you can see that I do a 2 day on, 1 day off, 3 days on, one day off routine.

By doing this, I never train for more than three days straight, yet train 5 out of 7 days a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillgoingstron View Post
I voted no to this, but there are so many variables.

Personally, I know that if I trained heavy 5 days a week, every week, I would get so many chronic or niggling injuries that I would just be doing myself damage and therefore what would be the point of training so hard. And I say this as someone who has trained for around 35 years.

I'm sure there will be people out there who have trained hard for a long time who have somehow avoided injuries who could train that hard.

It also depends what your aims are. If you are a competing bodybuilder then you will need to do what needs to be done, but if not, why risk injury, recovery and possibly not getting the best out of your workouts just to train hard.

I can train 5 days a week occasionally, and do, but if I averaged it out I would probably train 3 and no more than 4 days a week. And that's enough for me.

ps I'd be interested to know the ages of those who voted. I would suspect that many of those who said yes are not over 50!

DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to be wrong on every statement I make....

Last edited by erich1b; 06-09-2014 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Forgot to include my age

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0