Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillgoingstron View Post
BB

Hi BB, just like you I've suffered from 3 slipped/herniated discs and I totally understand where you're coming from. The last was over ten years ago now and I am completely healed from it.

For a long time though I was nervous about working out. My advice would be not to rush it and take things nice and slow. Sounds obvious but it's not easy to do.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't have done good mornings or hyperextensions. Not enough control if anything goes wrong in my opinion. I would start with something like very light seated rows and very light bent over barbell rows. I would concentrate on getting my form absolute spot on before I worried about adding too much weight.

When I was happy I would do deadlifts, especially stiff legged. It sounds as though you're already doing those, which is good.

I also found the best thing I did was to stretch. Stand against a wall and slowly bend forward, peeling one vertebrate off the wall at a time. The idea is not just to stretch the lower back but to stretch the hamstrings as well. Any tightness there can pull your lower back out of alignment. Also, bend to the side as far as you can. Just don't rush any of these stretches.

You will build up strength without doing damage if you take it nice and slow.

Good luck. It does get better.
Thank you stillgoingstron, that was exactly what I was looking for, another whom had the same injury as I with good knowledge on how to go about this, and yeah I am doing the stiff legged at the moment with just my bar...stretching is something I really need to start doing as well, good input thanks !!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0