Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

That's a good workout................

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillgoingstron View Post
After Erich's far more comprehensive reply I felt guilty so here is the workout routine's I tried to follow up until about 4 or 5 weeks ago . . .

I work shifts and have never been able to stick rigidly to a strict workout diary, but I rarely train 3 days in a row

I usually workout in this order . . .

Chest

Dumbbell Presses (sometimes incline/sometimes flat)
After a warm up I progressively load the weight for 6 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6, 10 and 12 reps

Dumbbell Flyes (usually flat bench but occasionally incline)
Usually 4 sets of 10 reps

Barbell Bench Presses (sometimes incline/sometimes flat)
Again I progressively load the weight for 6 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6, 10 and 12 reps

Leverage Gym Bench Press (Usually set very incline)
To finish I usually do 3 or 4 sets of around 8 to 10 reps to failure using rest/pause

Legs

Almost always start with barbell squats
Usually 6 to 8 sets working up in weight and going down to 2 reps, then 1 last set of at east 25 reps to finish

Leg Extensions
4 sets of 10 reps

Usually finish off with some calf work on my leverage gym

Don't have access to a leg press/hack squat machine

Shoulders

I almost always change the order with each workout but . . .

4 sets at 15, 12, 10 and 10 reps of Seated dumbbell presses (mainly just to warm up and get the blood flowing)

6 sets of barbell military presses at 12, 10, 8, 6, 10 and 12 reps (always standing and always to the front)

4 sets of 10 reps of Single arm side lat raises

3 sets of dumbbell shrugs for 10 reps

Seated military presses on my leverage gym to finish. Usually only manage 3 sets of 12, 10 and 6 reps with rest/pause where necessary to get the reps in.

Back

Almost always start with bent over barbell rows

After a thorough warm up I do up to 8 sets from 12 down to 3 or 4 reps using various widths.

Follow this with Kroc rows (a form of one arm dumbbell rows). Usually 3 sets of 25 reps, sometimes 4 if I've had a good pre workout drink. Gets the old ticker pumping like a teenager's right hand!

Seated Rows
After a couple of warm up sets at 15 reps I do 6 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6, 10 and 12 reps

I also mix wide grip using a lat pulldown bar and a close grip with a V bar.

Lat Pull Downs
I usually just do 4 sets of between 6 and 8 reps

I mix up underhand close grip and overhand wide grip for these.

Deadlifts

These usually have a day on their own thrown in somewhere depending how I feel.

I almost always do between 8 and 10 sets. I also tend to do mainly straight legged rather than conventional, but I'm trying to change that round a bit.

I'm not so strict that I follow the above exactly every time. It usually depends how I feel, but I do try to give it everything I can give on any given day.

I also workout with various other people at times and occasionally change my routine to fit in with what suits all of us!

DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to be wrong on every statement I make....

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0