Old 05-27-2014, 07:13 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Default Eazy tip

Get your freak on with a 5 minute finisher

This is one of my favorite ways to finish off an arm training session. Here's how it works:

Head over to your gym's cable system and load up a weight that would normally allow you to perform 15 reps per set.Now, perform cable tricep extensions or cable curls for 5 minutes.

Yes, you read that correctly. Set length is 5 minutes. You will need to take frequent, but short rests during this mega-set. Perform as many reps as you can, rest only briefly (until some of the pain rescinds), and start knocking out reps again.

If your gym has no cable system, use moderately light dumbbell curls and skullcrushers. I also like to use lightweight close grip bench presses as a finisher.

This tip might seem to contradict the previous tip, but it doesn't. Finishers should be used wisely. Obviously, you don't want to smash out 16 sets for biceps and then complete a 5 minute finisher. For biceps, I would prefer you perform only about 6 sets max, then a finisher. For triceps you can handle a little more volume (if you feel you need it) before trying this finishing approach.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0