VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13uie67 View Post
i guess tht i need to re-read the whole yolk story again.. i have very high cholesterol and its hereditary and was told by my dr many year ago to not eat it.. i guess tht science once again is de-bunking what was mentioned in the past... THIS DAME SPORT IS ALWAYS TURNING AND CHANGING...

GOOD READ EAZY
It was thought, many long years ago, that cholesterol in eggs turned into or raised cholesterol in the body. It must be at least 20 years ago that I first started reading that this was a crap theory.

I should be surprised but I'm not, that many people people still don't know that this isn't the case. It's like I said in another post a while ago, if no one tells you or you don't get the correct information from those who do tell you eg the media, then how are you supposed to know anything.

That's part of what these forums are all about. Somewhere to give your thought processes a wake up call.

Don't take anyone's word as being the outright truth, but if you read something that goes against what you thought was true, then look into it further. They might be talking crap or you might realise that the article you read somewhere and that you have believed for years was in fact completely out of step with everyone else.

New research turns up new findings all the time. I can't remember the exact reason why cholesterol in eggs was originally thought to be harmful, but I'm sure it was because the research of the day determined that it was. New research has since determined that it isn't.

I tend to take the view that most - I don't mean poisonous mushrooms and other harmful things - forms of food in a natural state is safe and healthy to eat. Eggs are natural. We are supposed to eat them. If we find loads, then we would eat loads! Why would nature make them unhealthy.

I could bang on about why beef isn't that good any more due to what they put into cows and why farmed salmon isn't as good as naturally reared in the sea salmon but I won't. That's for another day.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0