VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13uie67 View Post
actually now tht i think about it i use to be able to do up right rows but as i got bigger over time.. my shoulder started to pop as well.. but i stopped doing tht maneuver and found arnold presses and neutral front raises to be a good alternative... why is tht cc??
The Upright Row is one of the most harmful exercises you can do for your shoulders. The problem with the exercise lies in the position that your arms must be in in order to perform the movement. The position is called "internal rotation."

To demonstrate internal rotation, hold your arms straight out to the sides with your palms down. Now rotate your hands forward as if you were pouring out a glass of water in each. To do the upright row, the arms are bent at the elbow then internally rotated.

Internal rotation itself is not necessarily bad for your shoulders. The problem comes when you raise the arms up and add resistance in that position. Every time you raise the weight, a small tendon in your shoulder gets pinched (known as impingement) by the bones in the shoulder.

This may not hurt immediately; it may not even hurt for a long, long time. The problem is the tendon will gradually become worn down and damaged. You may not even know you have a problem until one day the tendon snaps!

Good alternatives:
Dumbell Press
Military Press
Front Dumbbell Raise

Disclaimer: Hypermuscles.com does not promote the use of anabolic steroids without a doctor's prescription. The information we share is for entertainment and research purposes only.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0