VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy View Post
According to UK researchers, bad sleep can have devastating effects on your body and health. These effects were observed when people’s sleep cycles were cut to less than six hours a night. In a time span of*only a week of poor sleeping, the activity of hundreds of genes was altered.Heart disease, diabetes, obesity and poor brain function have all been linked to poor sleep.
This is something that researchers have been saying for years now. I'm sure they have good reason for saying it, but I've been a shift worker all my adult life, my sleeping patterns have always been all over the place and these days if I get a solid three hours uninterrupted sleep I hold a party to celebrate.

My point is . . . my heart is in fine shape - all my cholesterol and triglyceride levels are better than average, my blood sugar level is fine, I'm not and have never been obese and although my brain is going down hill fast it still functions! I can't believe I'm am the only exception to the rule, so like a lot of these 'researched' studies I take it with a very small (coz it's bad for the heart) pinch of salt.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0