View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 07:02 PM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

If you're anything like me then it's the carbs you eat that make you fat. Now I'm in my fifties I accept that I just can't do the amount of cardio I used to do in order to keep the extra weight off and I put most of my effort into weight training.

So my suggestion, if none of what's already been suggested works, is (until you've lost the weight you want to lose) to concentrate of training with weights, eat a reasonable amount of slow burning carbs before and fast burning carbs immediately after (within 15 minutes apparently) and drastically cut back the rest of the time. Only you can judge how much that should be to balance it against your output in the gym. You should be trying to get your body into fat burning mode by drastically cutting back while using the pre and post workout window, where you should be able to refuel your muscles and not your gut, to at least give yourself a chance at a half decent workout.

Your workouts will definitely not be as intense with the reduction in carbs but as long as you don't overdo it you should be ok.

The 500mg of test EW will prevent muscle loss and in my experience will actually add some even with the calorie deficit that will come from cutting back on the carbs.

I'm not suggesting you do this long term, but if done properly should result in some dramatic fat loss fairly quickly and you can then add carbs back slowly while increasing your workout intensity.

If you find yourself eating carbs just to fuel excessive cardio, then this is my short term alternative. Don't be afraid to eat good fats either. You'll need to get energy from somewhere.

Obviously, if I've read it wrong and you are bulking up or trying to break personal records in the gym or you just love cardio then ignore everything I've said and shoot some tren instead.

Last edited by stillgoingstron; 04-07-2014 at 07:05 PM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0