BodyBuilder

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddog View Post
Any thoughts on cutting back on the caloric intake while off cycle.
Definitely. I say that with the thought that you had a pretty high caloric intake before, but if you were going for 'clean' gains and had your diet spot on then obviously there would be no need.

I try to keep my diet clean while lowering the amount of shakes/bars. Your body will try and start storing more fat so while lowering calories is good, keeping the diet as clean as possible is a better goal. I also do as much if not more cardio when I am off cycle, but I don't do my cardio at a gym. I like to get outside, go for long hikes, mountain bike rides, anything to bust the tedium of being on a hamster wheel.

Also I would keep the weight as heavy as possible. It's not just muscles that need the conditioning but joints and tendons. You go too light and they won't be prepared for heavier weight. That's actually my biggest problem now, not that I'm not strong enough for certain weight but the fact it feels like something is on the verge of tearing loose from a socket.

Keep active, try some different things in the gym, different sets/reps/exercises and the combination of muscle groups and days off. Now is the time to get yourself dialed in so the next run will always be better than the last.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0