View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 08:27 AM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

At last a photo update! This is simply to show the results of my 12 week test E at 475mg cycle.

If you haven't read any of this log yet then I should point out that my aim was to lose fat while retaining and/or hopefully gaining some lean mass. It definitely wasn't an all out bulking cycle.

As far as I am concerned I achieved all I set out to achieve, though never completely, of course.

This is the last photo I took before I started the cycle . . .

This was taken in July, about mid way through the cycle . . .

and this was taken a few days ago (end of September) . . .

The quality of the photos isn't great, but hopefully shows the progress. There definitely was progress. I've lost 3 inches off my waist, without any muscle loss. Usually when I lose fat I also lose loads of muscle, so usually decided I'd rather keep the muscle and, unfortunately, the fat.

To be honest, looking at the photos, they don't really show the true picture. Trust me, the cycle definitely worked. I didn't go mad with the doseage, though at 475mg EW I did end up using more than I originally planned.

As far as stats are concerned, I gained about half an inch on my arms, which with some fat loss probably translates to 1 or 1.5 inches. My waist shrunk by loads and I lost about an inch off my chest, but as with the arms that was fat loss and a bit of muscle gain. Also, since starting the cycle any back pain I still had from 3 slipped discs over the last decade has completely disappeared, as has my joint pain in my hips. This means I have been able to start running again and even more important I've been able to add weight to my barbell rows, seated rows, kroc rows etc and that is starting to show results.

This isn't the end. I'll never stop training anyway, but with luck (no injuries etc) I'll be able to maintain this fat loss and start to add some quality muscle. At my age, any gains are a bonus.

Thanks for reading. I know it's not Mr Olympia/Superman stuff, but I hope it isn't too boring.
Attached Thumbnails
th-1-may-2013.jpg   th-2nd-july-2-copy.jpg   th-26th-september-2013.jpg  

Last edited by stillgoingstron; 09-27-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0