Old 06-21-2013, 02:42 PM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

Friday 21st June

Nothing much to say today. Did the same four mile cycle as yesterday, straight after a three mile dog walk. This was fasted cardio, as was yesterday. My legs didn't enjoy it as much today, which meant I was panting like a pervert for the first mile. Strangely enough, after a brief level bit the next mile long uphill bit was much easier. I liken that to getting stronger after a few sets when weight training. Within reason and up to a point I seem to get stronger with each set.

I'm definitely feeling something going on now, test wise now. For a while I thought it might be a placebo effect, but unlike you younger blokes when I get a stirring down there in the middle of the night it's an event worth noting! And I'm noting it quite a lot these last few days.

I keep records/logs of workouts and measurements more or less all the time, so I know what I usually measure. If I'm honest, I haven't really grown or shrunk very much over the last few years, except my waist! Even allowing for the tape not being tight or too tight etc and I have gained between 1/4" calfs and 1/2" arms and thighs and lost a bit off my waist. I can't measure my shoulders but they have a definite hardness that wasn't there a few weeks ago. And I didn't think I was working out as much as normal over the last few weeks! Of course, that could mean I usually over train and for two weeks I haven't! Time will tell.

As I edit this, it has occurred to me that I am doing a lot more compound exercises, a lot more frequently than usual. What I mean by that is, usually when I do the same sorts of routines as I am doing at the moment it leaves me absolutely knucking fackered for days afterwards! And that just isn't happening right now. In fact, I'm almost holding myself back. If, as everyone says, the test hasn't even begun to start doing its stuff yet then I think I'm gonna crap myself when it does! No wonder some people train twice a day, every day.

I might be repeating myself here, I don't know - I'm old so I can - but it's not my intention to bulk up during this cycle. I just want to tone up, lose a bit of blubber and if I've put on muscle at the end of it then whoopy doo! As the cycle progresses I intend to move to a higher rep, more cardio type of rep scheme, increase the cycling and cut right back on carbs. Usually when I do that I lose the blubber, along with a fair bit of muscle. It'll be interesting to see whether that happens while on test. If it does I'll say so. I am and will be telling it exactly as it is!

Anyway, that's me done. I feel really good and could easily chuck in a workout tomorrow, but I'm not going to, as experience tells me it'll catch up in the end. Better to wait a day and hit the gym hard on Sunday!

Last edited by stillgoingstron; 06-21-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0