View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 11:51 PM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

Yep. 180 is a lot different to 140 coz it tells us that you have a bit of size behind you. 140 suggests that either you are skin and bone and therefore need to eat much more than you do or that you train like a nutter but not in a way that will build muscle.

My next question has to be do you regularly eat enough protein. You won't build a lot of muscular size without consuming at least 150g per day - some people would say more but I think that would be a good enough starting point. You will also need to eat enough calories, whether the other calories come from carbs or fat. I don't know what your 180lbs consists of but if all you really want to do is bulk then just go for it and eat plenty of whatever! If you are getting heavier then you are eating enough. Just make sure you eat enough protein tho!

The next point is your training. Do you do more than 12 reps for any body part except calfs and arms? If so, reduce that to around 8 to 10. It's not quite as simple as that so sort yourself out a proper muscle building program and stick to it for at least four weeks before changing anything. You will also need to progressively overload ie add weight or a rep or two every workout or at most every other workout. The last reps of each set should also be a big challenge while sticking to a very strict form.

If and only if you are already doing all of that lot and have been doing so for many years are you really ready to consider a steroid cycle.

Weight training can be done in so many different ways and will give many different results. As a previous poster said just doing it for 22 years won't and obviously isn't making you a bodybuilder.

There's something about your original post that suggests you are not quite ready yet.

I really don't mean to be or seem rude and if there's anything you need to know more about ill be pleased to answer your questions.

A bit like you I have trained for around 32 years. For most of that time I trained for strength (low reps) and fitness (very high reps as well as running, cycling, boxing and taekwondo) and wasn't too concerned with size. As I slowed down (aged) I started to train for size rather than balls to the wall fitness. I'm doing quite well and if you sort out whatever is stopping you then there's no reason why you can't either. Just be aware that steroids play a very tiny part in what you want to achieve.

Last edited by stillgoingstron; 06-21-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0