Old 06-20-2013, 12:56 PM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

Thursday 20th June

That good to hear, Demanda_doll. I'll definitely be adding var at some point. Probably in the next cycle, next year. If only it didn't cost me 4 or 5 times as much as you! Oh well. I'll just have to work harder.

Anyway, took the dog for a three mile walk and then immediately went for a four mile cycle ride. It's a good course to re-start cycling. Basically 2 miles uphill and then 2 back down again. Lots of standing up cycling. I can't run any more as I get such chronic hip pain. I can just about walk the hound without it hurting too much.

For some reason though, cycling doesn't affect my hips and apart from whacking my punchbag gives me the best cardio workout. It's about 4 months since I crashed and broke a rib, so today's ride was more about getting my leg muscles used to the action again rather than enjoying a great cardio workout.

From experience, it usually takes three rides to get right back into it, so I'm looking forward to the next two to get them out of the way and then it's onwards to serious cardio stuff.

I pinned straight after the bike ride as I've read in various places that it's good to pin after a workout. It was only then that I realised I couldn't remember which leg I last pinned. It's usually the leg that doesn't hurt. Having no pain in either leg is definitely good news, just means I'll have to keep a note of which leg I pin.

This was the 7th time I've pinned overall and the 3rd time in this leg so, not that I doubt what people say, it's good to experience the fact that even though virgin muscle does take a while to stop hurting, it does eventually stop.

My weight training session will be later today . . .

Last edited by stillgoingstron; 06-20-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0