View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 01:11 PM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

I'll be honest mate, if I did that much, with enough intensity, it would take me out of the game for quite a long while and I've been training for a long time. I should add that all my training until last week was naturally, rather than with chemical help.

I would say the overriding factor would be your recovery time. As long as you get the most you can out of each workout and you recover in time for the next and you can do that consistently, then you are probably not overtraining. If you do half hearted workouts, just to get the sets and reps in and then you struggle to recover then I'd say reduce it a bit.

In my experience overtraining isn't immediately obvious. You might not even notice it until you suddenly realise you haven't worked out at all or at the very least put in a good shift for a week or so. You might find yourself making (lame) excuses for missing gym time, just feel knackered and not realise or appreciate why you feel shagged and then it'll suddenly dawn on you that you might be overtraining!

Only you can judge that.

Good luck anyway, whatever you decide.

Last edited by stillgoingstron; 06-13-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0