View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 08:51 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

11) Live Longer and Improve Your Health with BCAAs
Recent evidence shows that BCAAs have an anti-aging effect and increase the formation of new mitochondria, which can increase energy production. Giving a BCAA supplement to mice resulted in extended life spans and supported cardiac health.

Indirectly, there are other ways that BCAA supplementation can prolong life. As mentioned above, BCAAs promote liver health, and there’s evidence that individuals with chronic liver disease may have better insulin sensitivity with BCAA supplementation. Plus, taking leucine with fish oil and a high protein diet can reduce muscle loss associated with cancer.

MY TAKEAWAY: BCAAs Improve Health And Keep You Young!

12) How and When to Take BCAAs
The critical nature of an organized nutrition protocol is indicated with evidence that protein synthesis is enhanced by BCAA supplementation for up to 24 hours after weight lifting to the point of muscle failure. Training to failure with both 30 percent and 90 percent of the 1RM load will sensitize the muscle to protein feeding for 24 hours after the workout. The key is maximal fiber recruitment versus submaximal—achieving failure primes the body for protein feeding, which should be consumed with BCAAs throughout the day.

For a 90 kg/198 lb man, I would recommend 5 to 10 BCAA capsules 45 minutes before training, and 20 to 30 capsules spaced out evenly during the training session. If you have done plenty of heavy eccentrics or plyometrics, you may want to take an addition of 5 to 10 capsules three times a day with meals for faster recovery. All my students report greater gains from BCAAs paired with as many as 20 capsules of Beta-Alanine Supreme. Some trainees need only a small amount of Beta-Alanine for a muscle-building effect, while those with primarily fast-twitch fibers will get the greatest benefits from 20 capsules.

MY TAKEAWAY: You Must Take BCAAs During Training—Try To Take Them Before And After As Well."

------ END ARTICLE ------

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0