Old 02-18-2013, 10:31 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3up3down View Post
I second what Euro said. If you squat hard enough I'm hardly able to walk the next day let alone deadlift with any intensity at all. I've trained alongside NFL and CFL players, numerous strength coaches and never have I seen anyone squat and then deadlift the day after or vice versa. Also, I think if you're able to do shoulders, which generally take about 8-10 sets to work well in my experience, in the same workout as legs then you're not hitting legs hard enough. I hit legs with 17 sets, some professional players hit legs with 20+ sets. If you hit legs with that kind of intensity plus add in the 8-12 sets of shoulders you end up with a 30 set workout roughly which I personally think is in the realm of over training.

As for your friend, if he's 140lbs I'd be willing to bet he
A) Doesn't have his diet in check and certainly doesn't eat anywhere near enough
B) Doesn't train very hard
C) Doesn't train very smart
D) Any combination of the above

Have you looked into German Volume Training? Many lifters have gotten great results off of that, especially mass. Take a look around and be open minded, don't think that push/pull is the alpha omega of training theories, because it's not. None of them are. It's all about what works for your specific body type, goals and situation.

I personally don't think you've done enough research on AAS. If you had you would know the answers to the question in your OP. Nothing wrong at all with asking questions, but asking questions and then using the information you're given without verifying it yourself through reading studies/papers/reading tons of material is a no-no in my book.

Again, like Euro, I'm not trying to be an asshole and put you down, simply offering my .2cents to try and help you get the most out of your efforts and time while staying safe.
Thanks i will look into that. I would rather you be hard and have facts to back it up then someone saying im wrong and not showing me how. Everything you stated makes sense. I will look into that asap

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0