View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Premium Member

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):

I train heavy, relative for me, kind of like a powerlifter. lately I do reps of 5 or so for my heavy sets.
some exercises I do a little more volume, but they are worked into the workout. I incorporate a DC style as I always try to increase the weight each week by 2 1/2 #'s per side. when I cannot do this for an extended period of time, I switch exercises for a while and then go back.
having the long ester really kept levels smooth and even, so my high and lows were never really noticeable. just a smooth ride the whole way.
My emphasis now is stage so my training will switch a little, but the major lifts will remain the same, and strategy of increasing will also stay as long as I can keep it up.

this year I reached the highest off season weight, but not enough to get me into the next weight class. another year maybe.
I figure if I can do say 50 more pounds on such and such lifts, my body will adjust accordingly and increase in size and from what is was last year. this of course is based on how it has been progressing over the last 2 years

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0