Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum

Go Back   Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum > [- MY BODY-BUILDING -] > Diet and Nutrition

Diet and Nutrition Discuss your diet here and modify it if needed.

Steroids Sale. Buy Steroids Online Dragon Pharma Steroids Steroids for Sale Online Steroids Sources Reviews Steroids Sources Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 06:01 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 171
Thanks (Received): 177
Likes (Given): 374
Likes (Received): 456
Default IIFYM - If It Fits Your Macros

The phrase*If It Fits Your Macros*(often abbreviated to IIFYM) refers to meeting the individual macronutrient needs relevant to one’s goals and then filling the remaining calories with foods of personal preference. Meaning, eat whatever you want as long as it fits the macros. Don’t get it?Since it’s more common to ask about IIFYM when following a fat loss plan, also known as cutting, we will use an example that relates to it.Example:200lb man at 20% body fat wants to lose weightMaintenance Calories:*3000*(click the link to see how this is found)Calories to cut: 2400 - this is a 20% caloric deficit1.5g protein per lb/LBM: (1.5 * 160) 240g0.45g fat per lb/BW: (200 * 0.45) 90gCalories from fats + protein minimums: (240 * 4) + (90 * 9) = 1770Calories from reaching minimums taken from calories to cut: (2400 - 1770) 630He has 630 kcal left to fill with whatever foods he chooses (pancakes, pizza, cake, pop-tarts, ice cream) and still lose weight as a result of remaining in a calorie deficit.How do I calculate my calories and macros?Tips*(some are general and do not specifically pertain to IIFYM):Try to get most of your macros from whole foods. They are high in micronutrients needed to maintain overall health.Tailor your meals to suit your individual preference.*6 meals a day is the same as 3 meals a day.*There is no difference.Timing your nutrients is not necessary. There is no universal macro or calorie breakdown you should be eating pre and/or post-workout. Overall micronutrient, macronutrient and calorie intake relevant to your goal(s) is far more important.ImportantWhat “eat whatever you want as long as it fits into your macros” means is basically, eat right, but don’t get*all caught up in the whole ‘clean vs dirty’ food debate that seems to still go on.*If you want to eat whole grain bread, oats, brown rice, etc. etc. Then do it. If you want to eat white bread, white rice, and pop tarts, as long as it fits in with your other macronutrients and your goals in terms of caloric intake then it isn’t going to make much of a difference in the long run. It all comes down to personal preference.So, basically don’t get into the whole “If I have ice cream I’m going to get fat” or, “I’ll never have pizza again” mentality. If you want it, you can have it, just make sure it fits in with all the guidelines above.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:26 AM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 44
Thanks (Received): 36
Likes (Given): 202
Likes (Received): 66

Hey bro thanks for this i have changed my diet plan around abit upped my carbs dropped my fats had pancakes 3times this week and still getting vainy thanks for this post nice read can help alot of people out to get an understanding on the idea
Old 04-18-2013, 04:33 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 10
Likes (Given): 53
Likes (Received): 27

Cheers Eazy, much appreciated!

Sent from here!!
The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it’s impossible to turn back.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:29 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 10
Likes (Given): 8
Likes (Received): 11

nice info eazy! makes me feel much better about saturday morning breakfasts and sunday dinners
Old 04-18-2013, 09:22 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 24
Likes (Given): 58
Likes (Received): 38

I've been following iifym for a long time. I'm a former fat ass and I have no trouble cutting down to single digit bodyfat while eating food that's not considered "clean" as long as I stay within my calorie and macro guidelines.
You have to be sensible about It and not just get all your calories from junk though.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:24 PM
VET

Post Thanks / Like

doing this for my last carb meal/ second post workout meal today right now having chocolate milkshake mix lol and a chicken breast
Old 04-19-2013, 09:44 AM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 48
Thanks (Received): 414
Likes (Given): 247
Likes (Received): 884

ok who deleted my fuckin' post?!

Just because I don't agree with it does not give you reason to delete the post!!
The reason I don't agree with it is because of the health benefits you lose because of not eating clean! It's all very well having a great physique, but what good is it if you fuck your body up internally because you eat crap?

And who deleted ventana's post?
He was correct the way it is written does not make sense, it's grammatically shit!

The idea of a forum is to discuss, how can we discuss things if posts get deleted because you don't agree with them??

Disclaimer: Hypermuscles.com does not promote the use of anabolic steroids without a doctor's prescription. The information we share is for entertainment and research purposes only.

Last edited by Cornish_Celt; 04-19-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:50 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 24
Likes (Given): 58
Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornish_Celt View Post
ok who deleted my fuckin' post?!

Just because I don't agree with it does not give you reason to delete the post!!
The reason I don't agree with it is because of the health benefits you lose because of not eating clean! It's all very well having a great physique, but what good is it if you fuck your body up internally because you eat crap?

And who deleted ventana's post?
He was correct the way it is written does not make sense, it's grammatically shit!

The idea of a forum is to discuss, how can we discuss things if posts get deleted because you don't agree with them??
I hear you on the health benefits. My diet is at least 90% clean but I won't shy away from fitting a small bowl of ice cream or a couple slices of pizza if I'm in the mood.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:56 AM
VET

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by James42 View Post
I hear you on the health benefits. My diet is at least 90% clean but I won't shy away from fitting a small bowl of ice cream or a couple slices of pizza if I'm in the mood.
Yeah im going to give this a try like a part of one meal each day be "bad" lol or 2 or 3 times a week have something like that