Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum

Go Back   Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum > [- QUICK LINKS -] > IFBB Pro Bodybuilding

IFBB Pro Bodybuilding Here you can discuss pro bodybuilders, post their pictures and videos.

Steroids Sale. Buy Steroids Online Dragon Pharma Steroids Steroids for Sale Online Steroids Sources Reviews Steroids Sources Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2015, 06:27 AM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 135
Thanks (Received): 28
Likes (Given): 367
Likes (Received): 73
Default An Interesting Read: “Pro Bodybuilding Has Lost Its Way"

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/pro-...t-its-way.html

by Jim Schmaltz.

Over at BodyBuilding.com, there is an article by Jim Schmaltz discussing what Arnold said about todays bodybuilding, the judges, and MR. Olympia. I thought maybe some of you may have some thoughts. He makes some interesting points, and some claims I wonder if are true. Some of the interesting quotes (ones that stood out to me at least) I put here.
Of what Arnold said, he wrote, "Many agree with him. Veteran observers of bodybuilding know what he was talking about: distended guts, Synthol bulges, acne scars, hypodermic abscesses, and Michelin Man levels of disproportionate body parts. Sometimes, the stage of a bodybuilding show looks like a group of household appliances with heads. What these bodybuilders lack can be found in the physiques of Arnold's competitive heyday during the '70s, known as the Golden Age of bodybuilding.

Not a year goes by that the contoured body of vintage Frank Zane isn't hoisted up on a pedestal and declared the ideal masculine aesthetic, the structure that all bodybuilders should strive toward. Images of a '70s-era Schwarzenegger on magazine covers still sell better than contemporary stars. This was the look that made the sport, that created an entire industry.”
About the dangers of the level of drug use:
"Many agree with him. Veteran observers of bodybuilding know what he was talking about: distended guts, Synthol bulges, acne scars, hypodermic abscesses, and Michelin Man levels of disproportionate body parts. Sometimes, the stage of a bodybuilding show looks like a group of household appliances with heads. What these bodybuilders lack can be found in the physiques of Arnold's competitive heyday during the '70s, known as the Golden Age of bodybuilding.

Not a year goes by that the contoured body of vintage Frank Zane isn't hoisted up on a pedestal and declared the ideal masculine aesthetic, the structure that all bodybuilders should strive toward. Images of a '70s-era Schwarzenegger on magazine covers still sell better than contemporary stars. This was the look that made the sport, that created an entire industry.”
He goes on to blame not only the judges, but The Fans, who often demand that the biggest freaks get chosen over those who look more aesthetically pleasing

And Lastly, he says these bodybuilders are treated like “DISPOSABLE COMMODITIES.”

"Fans and sports media demand the spectacle, then express outrage when the corpses pile up. World Wrestling Entertainment is famous for its roster of wrestlers who died young, most often from accidental overdoses, suicides, and heart attacks. The National Football League, the nation's top spectator sport, has similar issues with concussion-related early deaths. These calamities have little effect, if any, on the popularity of these athletic entertainments.”

Any thoughts? Is he right, do we allow these guys to take a risk for our entertainment? Is it the fans?

And what about the science behind the drugs, do you all think they are killing these guys?

"A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind," Yoda.

Jedi in Training

Last edited by new-Jedi; 09-30-2015 at 05:16 AM.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:05 AM
HM News Poster

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 140
Thanks (Received): 172
Likes (Given): 841
Likes (Received): 539

link dont work

zane and arnie great for there time but times change the normal guy can look like zane hes not one off anymore
olympia has always been about the biggest guys where it looked impossible to achieve
zane and arnie was that back in there day but we need bigger better now
its progression

dorian once said take away the drugs in any sport and the champion will always be the champion but they would look lot different and atheletes would be lot less than they are
i want to see mosters on stage
i want to see people run 100m in under 9 seconds these things wouldnt happen without drugs
Old 09-30-2015, 05:15 AM
VET

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyebs View Post
link dont work

zane and arnie great for there time but times change the normal guy can look like zane hes not one off anymore
olympia has always been about the biggest guys where it looked impossible to achieve
zane and arnie was that back in there day but we need bigger better now
its progression

dorian once said take away the drugs in any sport and the champion will always be the champion but they would look lot different and atheletes would be lot less than they are
i want to see mosters on stage
i want to see people run 100m in under 9 seconds these things wouldnt happen without drugs
I dont think we should take away the drugs. I actually think all athletes should use them, so the ones who are dont have the unfair advantage.

However, I want to see them as big as they can get without look like the GH cut, and missing symmetry. I personally wonder if the two are possible.

The thing is, at some point, I do not think they look good anymore. I certainly wouldn’t want to look like them.

If they do not look good, and are not the strongest, then Mr. Olympia is about size. However, it seems like that is not how it is judged.

But I guess it is about what the fans want.

Jedi in Training
Old 09-30-2015, 05:16 AM
VET

Post Thanks / Like

I think I fixed the link.

Jedi in Training
Old 09-30-2015, 08:19 AM
HM News Poster

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 140
Thanks (Received): 172
Likes (Given): 841
Likes (Received): 539

people like flex and dorian took HGH and they kept it trim
also most of the top 5 had kept there waists slimmer this year phill being one

as that saysthere are many classes and the classic is becoming popular with poeple im sure dfwtp does classic as does a friend of mine

its down to fans to want to see these on stage and demand will be the only thing that gets it there

the women do have 5 classes in olympia but only 3 for men so they could slip in somewhere maybe the friday or something and if becomes more poular who knows

but me personally i like to see the beast/monsters
Old 10-31-2015, 09:45 AM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 9
Likes (Given): 13
Likes (Received): 43

I've only done 5 shows in my life nothing huge I realized that to even place high at the npc level I would even have to dedicate more. I know a few pro's ifbb that aren't even in the top ten and the amounts of gear,gh,slin,and other compounds are crazy. The guys I know and that's all I can speak on run 5g of test pw alone that's not including the other 7 or so compounds. Gh is upwards of 18-24iu ed the slin is high,at prep most still run high amounts and add even more lasix and other diuretics. If you have ever been to a pro show backstage you would see what these guys put their bodies through most look like their about to kill over. Now again it's their choice but if that's your sport or say profession and the masses being the fans want freakier guys onstage then it's kinda of fall in line or just stop ? So of course most are going to do what it takes. I'm not saying I don't like the look but in a way it's a shame that it has to be that way. In reality bodybuilding is no where near healthy nothing about it is, we all try and learn as much as we can about what goes into our bodies but as fast as this sport has advanced in the last 10 years no one can say they know the effects long term will be on these guys. I mean guys are shooting ml after ml of pump n pose oil for Christ sake. Funny thing to is a lot of guys that compete for a living know as much as anyone of us on these boards many hire a self proclaimed guru and off to the race's. No one has really seen any of this new breed get old in age yet who knows. The ones I know don't train nearly as hard or heavy cause they rely so much on the gear. No way it can be good for a guy who is 5"7 at 290 pounds at single digit bf. I love the sport but it's going to either have to change or its going to become a circus I mean how much more can guys do? It's something new each yr a new sight it's like when maybe one or two guys had striations in their glutes now it's the norm. And after all the shit they have to do they don't make much coin the top guys yea but most don't make much 100k ant shit with doses like those and the food bill oh and most pay for their own travel. I know I'm ranting a bit just sucks that at that level you've put many yrs into it so if that's what the judges want or your sponsors want then you pretty much have to conform. The average user nowadays uses more then past pro's supposedly? But look no where near even as good as they did so really think what these guys nowadays run the amounts are dangerously high. I feel for some of them you give your life to it and nothing you can do. Sorry for the rant I've just seen some of it 1st hand through friends.

Last edited by hangin; 10-31-2015 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:51 AM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 67
Thanks (Received): 287
Likes (Given): 377
Likes (Received): 746

I totally agree. I took up weight training and other sporting activities for the health benefits.

Sadly I do understand why those who want to be the biggest and who compete have no real choice but to go down the same road as everyone else who competes and wants to be the biggest. Once you start where do you draw the line?

Tags
arnold schwarzenegger, bodybuilding, steroid