Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum

Go Back   Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum > [- QUICK LINKS -] > General chat

General chat Chat here about everything.

Steroids Sale. Buy Steroids Online Dragon Pharma Steroids Steroids for Sale Online Steroids Sources Reviews Steroids Sources Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 10:24 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 7
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 12
Default Info on getting a Bigger Back

Hey all I know that pull ups are the essential exercise to a bigger back. I am one of those people that has never been able to do one. I am working hard to get there and I was looking for input / help on what exercises or back routine I can use to get there. This is one of my main goals in 2014.

I am 270lbs(used to be 400lbs)so I have gravity working against me. Any help help is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:45 PM
BodyBuilder

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 47
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 75

I'm a big guy as well, and there is no easy way of saying it, but you need to do pull ups. It may be demoralizing at first, but you have to keep at it. I was the same way, couldn't even do one. Now I can do 15-25 behind my neck at 250. When I get back down to my 220 should be even better.

If you don't like people watching (I know I hate looking weak) get a cheap pull up/dip station for the house off Craigslist. I bought mine from Academy for about $80 so you should be able to pick up a used one for $25 or cheaper. Just keep at it. They normally have a bar you can spot yourself with your leg to help at first. Just set aside 20 minutes every 3 days and do what you can. It's going to feel weird and awkward at first but you'll get it eventually. Just takes time.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:20 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input and personally I do not care what I look like at the gym. I know this is something I have to do and need to do. I try to get my self up there but can only get like a 1/4 of the way or if l am lucky 1/2 way.

What do you think about the band for assisted pulls? Would you consider those or just keep trying to pull myself up as many times as I can as far as I can and eventually I will get one rep out.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:22 PM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 44
Thanks (Received): 36
Likes (Given): 202
Likes (Received): 66

Bent over rows are my fav mate with a barbell and even single arm bend over rows with dumb bells
Old 01-13-2014, 10:42 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my current Back Routine. I also attempt pull ups as or like I said as much as I can. Then hold as long as I can. I am hoping these will help me to get to my goal of doing pull ups.

Deadlift 4x8 (235)
Barbell Row 4x8 (155)
T-Bar Row 4x8 (180)
Dumbbell Row 4x8 (60)
Seated Cable Row 5x5 (160)
Shrugs 4x8 (275)
Negative Pull Ups 3x10
Old 01-14-2014, 01:18 PM
BodyBuilder

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 47
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 75

Honestly looking at the weight you can handle now I don't think the problem is so much strength but more that pull ups just feel awkward. There is no reason you shouldn't be able to do even one pull up unless there is a past shoulder injury.

A band would definitely help. We have those pull up/dip stations that have the weight assist (a little platform you put your knees on) but a band works the same way. Also a training partner would help. I find, at least for me, that pull ups are more about the feel than they are about the weight.

I noticed you didn't have any pull downs in your back workout. You may want to add those in as they are basically the same movement but easier to do. If increasing your pull ups is a priority then I would factor those in.

I guess it goes back to the original question you asked. In theory you should be able to grow the lats without pull ups. You seem to have a solid back routine. But I look at it like this: can you grow a bigger chest without benching? Can you grow bigger legs without squats? Some will say yes, some will say no. I think you can but the exercise is really so good that you will hurt the development process by not doing it. I just read something (can't remember where, maybe here) about a bodybuilder who hurt himself doing squats so he switched to higher rep leg presses, ditched squats completely, and he said his legs grew even more than doing squats. The difference here is obviously you feel like you aren't growing the way you should.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:44 PM

Post Thanks / Like

We have those pull up/dip stations that have the weight assist (a little platform you put your knees on) and I used to use this so based on your suggestion I will go back to using it doing 4 sets 8-12 reps and lower the asstiance as I progress.

I will also be adding pull downs to my back workout based on your suggestion. Do you have any exercises you feel would be bests.

Increasing my pull ups is a priority along with getting that bigger V shape in 2014.

Thanks again for the input it helps to keep me movitivated.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:49 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 16
Likes (Received): 7

kalpa pharmacueticals!
Old 01-14-2014, 10:26 PM

Post Thanks / Like

I know all about Kalpa just finishing my first cycle of test C heading I to PCT. Huge Tom and GBN store team are great as well as the product.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:18 AM
HM News Poster

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 140
Thanks (Received): 172
Likes (Given): 841
Likes (Received): 539

for the v taper i found close grip cable rows brung out my latts really well
but do slowly with heavy wieght
as in lift(positive) then hold then slow negative really streaching at and before next lift
to increase pull up i would say latt pull downs or assisted machine
i never used to be able to do them at first and just used assisted and droped wieght till could do unassisted