Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum

Go Back   Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum > [- MY BODY-BUILDING -] > Training

Training Everything from training routines to videos.

Steroids Sale. Buy Steroids Online Dragon Pharma Steroids Steroids for Sale Online Steroids Sources Reviews Steroids Sources Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2015, 03:20 AM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 135
Thanks (Received): 28
Likes (Given): 367
Likes (Received): 73
Default Mind Muscle Connection

So I've been reading up on how to target muscle more affectively. I came across the term mind muscle connection a while back, and I realized that that was oftentimes difficult for me. Considering I'm about to do my first cycle in a few weeks, I'd like to to get max growth in lagging areas. My biceps tend to lag behind, and I often have trouble hitting my lats and back as hard as I would like. I've gotten better at hitting lats of late, but I feel like the back should be more defined.

So the mind muscle connection, have others here mastered it? I have been learning to flex muscles all over on command to help with knowing I'm hitting certain muscles.

My chest has always been the hardest for me to hit. Oftentimes I used to feel as if my shoulders took the brunt of the chest workout. That has gotten better, but Id like to hear other's experience how they got about making sure the right muscles are getting full stimulation.

"A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind," Yoda.

Jedi in Training
Old 07-16-2015, 07:17 AM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 67
Thanks (Received): 287
Likes (Given): 377
Likes (Received): 746

Probabably the best thing anyone can do to start with is to lower the weight.
Trying to beat a personal best from the start is the worst way to learn mind/muscle connection. You'll be using every muscle, sinew, joint, bone, the lot, to push the weight.

Next best is to slow the rep. For example, flinging up a dumbbell when curling that is too heavy will engage legs, back, shoulders, calves and toes as well as biceps. Lowering the weight and slowing the rep and making sure the only muscle contracting is the bicep will engage the exact muscle you intend building. Some say it helps to visualise the muscle doing the work.

Once you get it right there's no turning back.

Old 07-16-2015, 07:37 AM
VET

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillgoingstron View Post

Probabably the best thing anyone can do to start with is to lower the weight.
Trying to beat a personal best from the start is the worst way to learn mind/muscle connection. You'll be using every muscle, sinew, joint, bone, the lot, to push the weight.

Next best is to slow the rep. For example, flinging up a dumbbell when curling that is too heavy will engage legs, back, shoulders, calves and toes as well as biceps. Lowering the weight and slowing the rep and making sure the only muscle contracting is the bicep will engage the exact muscle you intend building. Some say it helps to visualise the muscle doing the work.

Once you get it right there's no turning back.
That makes sense. I suppose it also helps with time under tension. I find that building my back, chest, and bicep. I get why chest is so difficult, because shoulders kick in pretty easily. The back, well that seems like it should be easier, plus it's my favorite body part to work on, that could be because having a muscular looking back is beast. I hope that after my first cycle, weighing 160 now, that I'll gain a good about of size and will have a great start on that back. Right now people can tell I go to the gym, and that I must train. But more like a newbie. When I put on another 20 pounds of muscle, I bet I'll look much bigger. I really am aiming for 190 range, but cut when all is said and done.

Jedi in Training
Old 07-16-2015, 07:45 AM
VET

Post Thanks / Like

Barbell rows are great for building up your back. Once you set your back and hips into an immovable position you will be able to, for example, lift 80kg (or whatever that is in lbs) by sheer strength.

But if you reduce that weight to, for example, 40kg and pull your shoulder blades together and pause at the top and squeeze and lower under control, without moving at the hips, I'll almost guarantee you'll feel the workout in your lats a lot more than the 80kg workout.

Both methods have their place, but if it's mind/muscle connection you need to learn the the 40kg method is the way to go.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:13 AM
VET

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillgoingstron View Post
Barbell rows are great for building up your back. Once you set your back and hips into an immovable position you will be able to, for example, lift 80kg (or whatever that is in lbs) by sheer strength.

But if you reduce that weight to, for example, 40kg and pull your shoulder blades together and pause at the top and squeeze and lower under control, without moving at the hips, I'll almost guarantee you'll feel the workout in your lats a lot more than the 80kg workout.

Both methods have their place, but if it's mind/muscle connection you need to learn the the 40kg method is the way to go.
This week and next while I'm waiting for my cycle to arrive, I'm going to lower weight and work on my mind muscle connection. I've gotten much better than I used to be at it, but I plan on killing it this cycle.

Jedi in Training
Old 07-16-2015, 08:23 AM
VET

Post Thanks / Like

Once you get it, it's there forever. Like riding a bike or smoking

And don't worry about looking like a wimp (if you work out in public). Anyone who knows what you're doing will appreciate what you're doing.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:30 AM
VET

Post Thanks / Like

I am lucky, I've always had the ability to ignore what others do at the gym. Like I wear gloves and wrist wraps, people always stare like I'm wimpy. My I type for a living, and school, having messed up hands and wrist are not a option. So I've learned to just do what I do. I have gym friends, and I'm social, but I'm focused and don't much think about what others think. I'll ask questions to those who will share though.

Jedi in Training
Old 07-16-2015, 08:48 AM
VET

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see how you get on to be honest!
Old 07-16-2015, 08:50 AM
HM News Poster

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 140
Thanks (Received): 172
Likes (Given): 841
Likes (Received): 539

log with pics
new-jedi so people can see inprovements
Old 07-16-2015, 04:36 PM
VET

Post Thanks / Like

Will do, as soon as I start I plan on making a log. I really want others to feel as comfortable as I've been made here.

Jedi in Training

Tags
cycle training, mind muscle connection, training