Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum

Go Back   Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum > [- MY BODY-BUILDING -] > Training

Training Everything from training routines to videos.

Steroids Sale. Buy Steroids Online Dragon Pharma Steroids Steroids for Sale Online Steroids Sources Reviews Steroids Sources Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2014, 06:05 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Given): 50
Likes (Received): 34
Default Lower back routine ?

So heres the deal...I had neck surgery 7mths ago to fix a herniated disc...all is well and have been working out solid 3mths now....but hesitant on a certain area that needs to be added to my routine,cause I also have two herniated discs in my lower back and am avoiding surgery at all costs but i need a good workout/routine for the lower back/core area that is easy on me to start and strengthen the area with minimal chances of injuring myself..i have found some basic exercises on the net, just curious if any here could give a helping hand with this....thanks for any advise guys !!

BB
Old 06-04-2014, 06:36 PM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 48
Thanks (Received): 414
Likes (Given): 247
Likes (Received): 884

What are the basic exercises that you've already found?

This is a difficult question to answer, I'm not a doctor so don't really want to tell you to do something that could do more damage than good.

I would suggest back hyperextensions if you are able to do them:

Disclaimer: Hypermuscles.com does not promote the use of anabolic steroids without a doctor's prescription. The information we share is for entertainment and research purposes only.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:09 PM

Post Thanks / Like

True true..i am going back to the doc so i can get set back up in PT for the added help there..in the mean time yes i saw the hyper extensions, also found stiff leg barbell,deadlifts..and some basic standing leg lifts using just a chair,that may be the safest, I know the lower back is used in some way with most workouts im just looking for a little more without killing it...ha !!
Old 06-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Giant Killer

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 153
Thanks (Received): 80
Likes (Given): 604
Likes (Received): 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornish_celt View Post
what are the basic exercises that you've already found?

This is a difficult question to answer, i'm not a doctor so don't really want to tell you to do something that could do more damage than good.

I would suggest back hyperextensions if you are able to do them:
i like good morning manuvers.. :d
Old 06-04-2014, 08:53 PM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 67
Thanks (Received): 287
Likes (Given): 377
Likes (Received): 746

BB

Hi BB, just like you I've suffered from 3 slipped/herniated discs and I totally understand where you're coming from. The last was over ten years ago now and I am completely healed from it.

For a long time though I was nervous about working out. My advice would be not to rush it and take things nice and slow. Sounds obvious but it's not easy to do.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't have done good mornings or hyperextensions. Not enough control if anything goes wrong in my opinion. I would start with something like very light seated rows and very light bent over barbell rows. I would concentrate on getting my form absolute spot on before I worried about adding too much weight.

When I was happy I would do deadlifts, especially stiff legged. It sounds as though you're already doing those, which is good.

I also found the best thing I did was to stretch. Stand against a wall and slowly bend forward, peeling one vertebrate off the wall at a time. The idea is not just to stretch the lower back but to stretch the hamstrings as well. Any tightness there can pull your lower back out of alignment. Also, bend to the side as far as you can. Just don't rush any of these stretches.

You will build up strength without doing damage if you take it nice and slow.

Good luck. It does get better.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:37 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillgoingstron View Post
BB

Hi BB, just like you I've suffered from 3 slipped/herniated discs and I totally understand where you're coming from. The last was over ten years ago now and I am completely healed from it.

For a long time though I was nervous about working out. My advice would be not to rush it and take things nice and slow. Sounds obvious but it's not easy to do.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't have done good mornings or hyperextensions. Not enough control if anything goes wrong in my opinion. I would start with something like very light seated rows and very light bent over barbell rows. I would concentrate on getting my form absolute spot on before I worried about adding too much weight.

When I was happy I would do deadlifts, especially stiff legged. It sounds as though you're already doing those, which is good.

I also found the best thing I did was to stretch. Stand against a wall and slowly bend forward, peeling one vertebrate off the wall at a time. The idea is not just to stretch the lower back but to stretch the hamstrings as well. Any tightness there can pull your lower back out of alignment. Also, bend to the side as far as you can. Just don't rush any of these stretches.

You will build up strength without doing damage if you take it nice and slow.

Good luck. It does get better.
Thank you stillgoingstron, that was exactly what I was looking for, another whom had the same injury as I with good knowledge on how to go about this, and yeah I am doing the stiff legged at the moment with just my bar...stretching is something I really need to start doing as well, good input thanks !!

Old 06-06-2014, 12:52 AM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 67
Thanks (Received): 287
Likes (Given): 377
Likes (Received): 746

Always glad to help. For what it's worth, I would put stretching at the top of the list.