Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum

Go Back   Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum > [- MY BODY-BUILDING -] > Training

Training Everything from training routines to videos.

Steroids Sale. Buy Steroids Online Dragon Pharma Steroids Steroids for Sale Online Steroids Sources Reviews Steroids Sources Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2014, 08:25 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 171
Thanks (Received): 177
Likes (Given): 374
Likes (Received): 456
Default "Functional Strength Training"

flipping tyres, pushing cars, using kettlebells, doing box jumps... is all the rage right now.

Are these methods fads that'll pass, or do you find them essential parts of your training routine either to build fitness, or develop strength that's useful in your sport?
Old 01-13-2014, 09:04 AM
HM News Poster

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 140
Thanks (Received): 172
Likes (Given): 841
Likes (Received): 539

i love bit of tyre flipping good all round workout
push cars only cos my misses drives a banger lol
have used kettle bells in past found ok just not part of anything doing now
basically this all would be in a crossfit workout and not really feeling crossfit myself but each to there own
Old 01-13-2014, 02:02 PM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 36
Thanks (Received): 66
Likes (Given): 188
Likes (Received): 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy View Post
flipping tyres, pushing cars, using kettlebells, doing box jumps... is all the rage right now.

Are these methods fads that'll pass, or do you find them essential parts of your training routine either to build fitness, or develop strength that's useful in your sport?
In my opinion, I think it just depends upon what your fitness goals are and, what you need to train for.

I don't use any of the training methods that you mentioned, but that doesn't mean they're not useful to someone else.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:22 AM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 67
Thanks (Received): 287
Likes (Given): 377
Likes (Received): 746

Personally I don't do any of them. I've tried kettlebells but they just felt weird, I've flipped cars (not tyres) as part of my job on occasion and I think I box jumped occasionally about 30 years ago.

But if all those exercises they get people working out who need some sort of 'outside of the box' interest then all well and good. Why not? There's no right and wrong way.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:24 AM
BodyBuilder

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 47
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 75

I thoroughly enjoy tire flipping. Would love to get one for the garage so I could flip it down the driveway. It's a great workout, gets the sweat going and the heart pumping without having to burn those excess calories on a treadmill or elliptical.

I've used kettlebells but not much. I own a decent sized one that I take offshore with me as I don't have access to a gym. However, even though they are all over the gym I don't like them over just about anything else.

I see people doing box jumps in between sets and maybe I'm not focusing on the same thing but when I'm lifting....... I'm lifting. If I had the energy to do box jumps then I probably didn't work as hard as I could have on the previous and the next set. I could possibly see doing these when working legs but my box would have to be about 3 inches high for me to make it.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:31 AM
Giant Killer

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 153
Thanks (Received): 80
Likes (Given): 604
Likes (Received): 185

i dont do all of tht.. but when im on my first blast cycle ill take 2 months of just building the nervous system to be able to handle more heavier weight when im in my hypertrophy training mode.. ill do the basic presses but ill do them with partials with rest-pause & static contraction techniques .. it seems to work very well for me,,