Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum

Go Back   Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum > [- MY BODY-BUILDING -] > Diet and Nutrition

Diet and Nutrition Discuss your diet here and modify it if needed.

Steroids Sale. Buy Steroids Online Dragon Pharma Steroids Steroids for Sale Online Steroids Sources Reviews Steroids Sources Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 10:10 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 171
Thanks (Received): 177
Likes (Given): 374
Likes (Received): 456
Default Intermitten fasting

The Fasting Phase
• Stop eating each night somewhere between 7 and 10pm.
• Upon rising in the morning have nothing but water.
• Continue to drink as much water as possible before the under eating phase begins. Your goal should be to consume half of your bodyweight in ounces of water per day.
• Start eating somewhere between 14 and 16 hours after you finished eating the night before.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:11 AM

Post Thanks / Like

Skip breakfast.
• Start eating 14-16 hours after you finished dinner the night before.
• Eat lightly during the day, consuming only protein, fat and green veggies in small to moderate quantities, while avoiding all fruits and starchy carbs.
• Overeat at night.
• Have all your carbs at the end of the day, which would preferably be right after training.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:14 AM

Post Thanks / Like

What is Intermittent Fasting (IF)?

For those that may not be familiar to the term, intermittent fasting is just taking “intermittent” times of fasting (no food) and working them into your lifestyle. This can be either daily or a couple times a week (will get into that more below).

using short-term calorie restriction/fasting may be effective when it comes to:

•Reducing blood glucose and insulin levels (improving the state of the overall glucose metabolism)
•Increasing fatty acid oxidation with increased FFAs (through increasing lipolysis hormones GH, glucagon and adrenaline)
•Sparing and preserving muscle tissue (lean mass)
•Increasing various health factors (lower inflammation, lower blood pressure, reduced oxidative stress, increased protection against neuro-degenerative diseases, and more)
•Keeping the metabolism strong/healthy (as eating more meals does not “speed up” your metabolism)

There are also a multitude of lifestyle benefits such as not being a slave to eating all day long (like modern “diets” seem to preach), having more natural daily energy/focus, and even just learning how to enjoy eating once again (with good foods and friends).

Overall it can be a simple eating lifestyle that can not only help you lose weight, but more importantly let you relax and provide relief from obsessing about food or “diets” all day.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:59 PM
HM News Poster

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 140
Thanks (Received): 172
Likes (Given): 841
Likes (Received): 539

i couldnt miss breakfast id be an angry man by 10am
Old 04-24-2013, 03:24 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 24
Likes (Given): 58
Likes (Received): 38

I love it but its definitely not for everyone.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:54 PM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 44
Thanks (Received): 36
Likes (Given): 202
Likes (Received): 66

tryed it not for messed me up :/
Old 05-08-2013, 06:05 AM

Post Thanks / Like

The research on metabolism and calorie intake is remarkably conclusive. I was easily able to find the following research studies that measured metabolic rate in people that were either fasting, or on very low calorie diets:
In one study, researchers found that when they made people fast for 3 days, their metabolic rate did not change. This is 72 hours without food.need to eat every three hours? The more I read into this the more I wounder
Old 06-06-2013, 03:04 PM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 67
Thanks (Received): 287
Likes (Given): 377
Likes (Received): 746

I've come in a bit late on the Intermittent Fasting debate, but I wanted to just add one other benefit of Intermittent Fasting that hasn't really been expanded upon (as far as I can see), which is that while not eating your body is able to divert the energy it normally uses solely to digest food and redirect it into repairing any tissue damage.

Damage can mean many things, not least damage to broken down muscle fibres, which is something we all 'suffer from'. Fasting will allow our bodies to repair the ongoing damage to our cholesterol, levels, our blood sugar levels, any form of pre cancerous cell and it will allow our livers and kidneys to recover from the stresses we place upon them.

The longer we fast, within reason, the more damage gets repaired. I'm talking up to weeks at a time. However, a twenty four hour fast on a reasonably regular basis will help keep things under control. As long as we catch up with our macro nutrients I see no real reason why we should all start losing muscle and because of the beneficial effect on our glucose levels fasting will assist in fat loss.

I understand how difficult the concept and then the actual practice of Intermittent Fasting will appear to most, but providing you don't overload of fast carbs prior to actually fasting it really isn't too difficult. If you can plan a low or no carb day before fasting you are already halfway to being in ketosis and that will knock any hunger for six.

I've fasted anything from 24 to 60 odd hours before and though I wouldn't say I didn't lose any muscle I certainly lost and kept off quite a few pounds of fat. I also learned that hunger is usually just a temporary feeling that will go away in ten minutes or so. As long as I eat properly most of the time I don't let that fleeting feeling of hunger sabotage my diet plans.

The whole concept of Intermittent Fasting comes from the way we were originally created and the world in which we originally lived. Prehistoric man didn't go shopping for his food, he caught it. When he caught it he ate it. He didn't stick it in the freezer for later. Most likely, having stuffed himself full he didn’t really eat again for a few days. During that time, he or she didn't waste away and he didn't feel drained of energy. The opposite happened and he actually gained the energy he would need to go out and do it all over again. We haven't really changed; our eating/shopping habits have.

Just my extra little bit.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:51 PM
BodyBuilder

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 47
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 75

Honestly the best I ever looked wasn't when I was eating every 2-3 hours all day long everyday but when I actually started doing this (although I must admit it wasn't intentionally to follow any IF plan).

I would stop eating around 7-8 every night after that last protein shake. I would wake up in the morning, hit the gym for about 1.5 hours then go to the park and either go for a long hike or do sprints for an hour. My first meal wasn't until 10-12, depending on when I got home, and I honestly had more energy and dropped more fat in a shorter amount of time then any of the traditional body builder type diets that I've tried over the years.

I will say I was trying to lean out and was taking a small cycle (400 mg of test, 30 mg of anavar ED) so that very well could have been helping the muscle sparing side of it. I did put on 22 pounds of muscle and drop an embarrassing amount of fat following this schedule in 3 months.

It also has a lot to do with genetics IMO. I gain weight sitting in a sauna so this might not be the best plan for a 'hard gainer' but if you are a naturally big person I think giving it a shot wouldn't hurt.

I also agree with the above poster about giving the body a break from digestion. Many things can be corrected in the body when your total blood flow isn't always being directed to the digestive process. Even in diving we aren't allowed to eat after we get out of the chamber because it will actually cause the bends from stopping the off-gas of the body due to the lack of circulation caused by eating a meal.