Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum

Go Back   Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum > [- GENERAL INTERESTS FORUM -] > Over 60 years forum

Over 60 years forum It is never too late to start so why not start today?

Steroids Sale. Buy Steroids Online Dragon Pharma Steroids Steroids for Sale Online Steroids Sources Reviews Steroids Sources Reviews
View Poll Results: Is it good to train 5 days per week for a person who is over 50 years old?
Yes 22 62.86%
No 13 37.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 05:44 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Default traing at 50

I am 63 and have trained since I was 14.I now work my body parts(chest-back -shoulders- biceps- triceps-legs) once a week and in four days.The sets are between 9 and 12 per body part.I see a doc. regularly and am on HRT.It would be advisable to get a physical and blood test at least once a year to see where your at.Just an old mans opinion.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:23 AM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 48
Thanks (Received): 414
Likes (Given): 247
Likes (Received): 884

Sorry, but I don't agree with the majority in this post!
I train to build my body, I train to be big!
It's all very well you all saying that 3 days a week is what you should do so that you get plenty of rest but that just don't cut it!
Yes you need rest to grow, I train 5 days a week and I still grow! So whats with the 3 day a week stuff? It's fine if you just want a good body but if you want to big it just ain't going to work!
And let me ask you all a question, How many pro bodybuilders train only 3 times a week?
3 times per week will get you a good body(but you are not going to get massive from it) and it's fine if you are a beginner but that's as far as it goes

Disclaimer: Hypermuscles.com does not promote the use of anabolic steroids without a doctor's prescription. The information we share is for entertainment and research purposes only.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:59 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 8
Likes (Received): 1

I voted yes, my old man is 55 and still trains like a young man, but he isnt ur average man..
Old 06-08-2014, 09:59 PM
Giant Killer

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 153
Thanks (Received): 80
Likes (Given): 604
Likes (Received): 185

if ur older u definalty need a 5 day traingin split... and lifting heavy as well,, becasue ur bones need to rebuild osterblast deposits to keep ur bones strong and lifting heavy at an old age is whats needed.. plus old man muscle builds alot easier and better then young muscle.. plus gettting big no matter what age will be from the foods tht u eat and not the training.. !
Old 06-09-2014, 09:20 AM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 67
Thanks (Received): 287
Likes (Given): 377
Likes (Received): 746

I voted no to this, but there are so many variables.

Personally, I know that if I trained heavy 5 days a week, every week, I would get so many chronic or niggling injuries that I would just be doing myself damage and therefore what would be the point of training so hard. And I say this as someone who has trained for around 35 years.

I'm sure there will be people out there who have trained hard for a long time who have somehow avoided injuries who could train that hard.

It also depends what your aims are. If you are a competing bodybuilder then you will need to do what needs to be done, but if not, why risk injury, recovery and possibly not getting the best out of your workouts just to train hard.

I can train 5 days a week occasionally, and do, but if I averaged it out I would probably train 3 and no more than 4 days a week. And that's enough for me.

ps I'd be interested to know the ages of those who voted. I would suspect that many of those who said yes are not over 50!
Old 06-09-2014, 09:48 AM
Giant Killer

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 153
Thanks (Received): 80
Likes (Given): 604
Likes (Received): 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillgoingstron View Post

Personally, I know that if I trained heavy 5 days a week, every week, I would get so many chronic or niggling injuries that I would just be doing myself damage and therefore what would be the point of training so hard. And I say this as someone who has trained for around 35 years.

I'm sure there will be people out there who have trained hard for a long time who have somehow avoided injuries who could train that hard.

It also depends what your aims are. If you are a competing bodybuilder then you will need to do what needs to be done, but if not, why risk injury, recovery and possibly not getting the best out of your workouts just to train hard.

I can train 5 days a week occasionally, and do, but if I averaged it out I would probably train 3 and no more than 4 days a week. And that's enough for me.

ps I'd be interested to know the ages of those who voted. I would suspect that many of those who said yes are not over 50!
yes on the vote past strong.. and i can see your point.. i guess tht i worded it wrong,, as i tend to do tht... lmao.. what i meant was to workout at the individuals compacity of being able to push as much as he or she could with out risk off injury....
Old 06-09-2014, 10:51 AM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 36
Thanks (Received): 66
Likes (Given): 188
Likes (Received): 149

All good points Stillgoingstron.

I voted yes, for myself, and what my goals are.

FWIW - I'll be 52 this August. 5'11" 215 lbs give or take a bit

However, in the thread about posting your training routine, you can see that I do a 2 day on, 1 day off, 3 days on, one day off routine.

By doing this, I never train for more than three days straight, yet train 5 out of 7 days a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillgoingstron View Post

DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to be wrong on every statement I make....

Last edited by erich1b; 06-09-2014 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Forgot to include my age
Old 12-01-2015, 09:47 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 17
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Given): 22
Likes (Received): 26
Default vote

I vote no cause this thread 5 years old and I going senile
Old 12-03-2015, 12:47 AM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 9
Likes (Given): 13
Likes (Received): 43

My pops is 67 and trains 4 to 5x a week with no issues as long as your not over training and your rest and food intake is good you should be fine
Old 10-03-2020, 11:25 PM
SiteRep

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 40
Thanks (Received): 20
Likes (Given): 103
Likes (Received): 48

I didn't vote because this is not a yes or no question. It really depends on the person's genetic ability to recover and tolerate and adapt to the stress of training. For those who recover fast, then the more volume and frequency you can handle, the better your results will be. So I wouldn't say a blanket 'yes' or no to this question. It's highly individual and dependant on your goals. Some might argue it's better to back off the heavy weights and focus on cardio for heart health and long term health.