Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum

Go Back   Steroids Source Talk | Anabolic Steroid Forum > [- TRANSFORMATION GROUPS, LOGS AND PICS -] > Weight Loss/Cutting

Weight Loss/Cutting Everyone who wants to loose 10 lbs to 40 and those who just want to get a more defined look click here.

Steroids Sale. Buy Steroids Online Dragon Pharma Steroids Steroids for Sale Online Steroids Sources Reviews Steroids Sources Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2017, 12:51 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 1
Default Alpha HcG

Have any of you ever tried Alpha HcG for weight loss or cutting? Due to my profession and where I work, I have access to doctors almost daily. One suggested I give it a shot, only downside is it works best in conjunction with a very low carb diet. It's primary roll is to protect your lean muscle from catabolism. Would love to hear any thoughts.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:25 PM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 36
Thanks (Received): 66
Likes (Given): 188
Likes (Received): 149

My experience with HCG, is post-cycle therapy to kick my natural testosterone production back into gear. Not for weight loss. Here's what I see is a problem; using HCG with a low calorie diet for weight loss, your weight loss is coming from the low calories not HCG. Don't believe the hype, there are really no evidence-based studies supporting the efficacy of HCG for weight loss.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27010890

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2405506

From your introductory post: 45, 5'10" and weigh 284 pounds.

At that height and weight, you're considered morbidly obese.

There are not going to be any quick fixes. You need to make long term lifestyle changes. For example; eat a healthy diet (including plenty of fruit, vegetables and cereal products) and at least one hour a day of moderate physical activity. Burn off more calories a day than you are taking in. Over time, the weight should come off. Best advice I can give you is to stay away from fad diets. Seek out a competent Registered Dietician in your area and schedule an appointment to discuss healthy eating for weight loss. See if you can't find a good physical trainer and schedule some sessions with them to discuss training routines. Since you have access to Dr.'s almost daily, have you had your thyroid functioning checked? I ask, as hypothyroidism can affect weight gain. At that height and weight, are you diabetic? Also, obesity can depress the production of testosterone. If you're hypogonadal, you might benefit from testosterone replacement therapy? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16817831

Just some thoughts.....................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesfan55 View Post
Have any of you ever tried Alpha HcG for weight loss or cutting? Due to my profession and where I work, I have access to doctors almost daily. One suggested I give it a shot, only downside is it works best in conjunction with a very low carb diet. It's primary roll is to protect your lean muscle from catabolism. Would love to hear any thoughts.

DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to be wrong on every statement I make....

Last edited by erich1b; 05-04-2017 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:47 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 1

Thanks for the input. I have already started on the path to eating right, just doing homework. I actually just had a huge panel of labs drawn, and the only thing outside of normal was my HDL was on the low side. My A1C was 5.1, so I came out a lot better than I was expecting. I will try to get some pics this week, as my weight is deceiving to my overall size. I don't invest a lot of confidence in the BMI charts as they don't figure in muscle mass. I am sure there are some ripped up guys on here, that weigh 230 at 5'9". Using the BMI charts they would be considered overweight... But here they are with a 6% body fat.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:33 PM
VET

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 36
Thanks (Received): 66
Likes (Given): 188
Likes (Received): 149

That's good news on your labs. You're right that the BMI chart doesn't really account for muscle mass, rather a tool to give a rough approximation of weight adjusted for height. Sounds like you're doing your homework and making needed lifestyle changes. Good luck on your journey.

DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to be wrong on every statement I make....