Old 08-11-2013, 03:24 AM
Premium Member

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Default Damn Shoulder Injury BAD

Im doing my normal bench. No issues. I want to go up a bit in poundage and get one of my co workers to spot me. He is a young guy but strong and he lifts regularly.
So, add the weight and start. Im pushing pretty hard and he helps me get the bar to full extension. On the way down im expecting him to assist if i get in trouble Instead-- about halfway down he lets go, my right shoulder fails and I now have a torn rotater cuff. I felt it tear and actually heard it. Sounded like tearing a piece of jerky in two.

Immediately I have zero ability to move my arm laterally. Nothing at all.

Called the doc, he sort of did an on phone interview asking what I could do and not do. He had me raise the arm passively ( with assistance) and see if I could hold it up. Once support was removed the arm fell lifelessly to the side and the shoulder hurt like hell. His diagnosis? Complete tear of the supporting tendons.

He says surgery is a sure need. Problem is I'm deploying to Iraq any day. Just waiting for the visa to come through. This would cause me to lose my position if it was noticed that I could no longer function. Im a bomb dog handler so I need my arms.

Lots of Advil, ice, rest, and im now able to function almost normal but at a weakened and painful state. This happened a week ago.

Each day I get a little more use and movement. I now move almost normally. So my question

Could this have really been torn or just badly strained? Seems to me if it was completely torn i would not have recovered any movement. Next question. Will, with time this get back to where i can lift again? I'm so pissed this sent me back. I told the guy that spotted me it wasn't his fault and Id be fine. Didn't want him to blab about me being hurt BUT I DO blame him in my mind for being such a shitty spotter.

This really sucks

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0